Geelong Convention and Exhibition Centre
Project at a glance
The Geelong Convention & Exhibition Centre Project is funded by all three levels of government and is the largest single investment through the Geelong City Deal, which is a 10-year plan to revitalise Geelong and unlock the potential of the Great Ocean Road visitor economy.
The State seeks the best in private sector expertise to deliver the Project as a whole-of-precinct integrated development to activate a 1.6 hectare waterfront site (Site) in central Geelong.
The Project comprises:
- the GCEC facility capable of attracting a wide range of conventions, exhibitions, and events;
- a 4 star/Upscale hotel of at least 200 rooms;
- public realm in and around the Site; and
- other complementary commercial and/or residential developments, all to be delivered as a master-planned precinct in accordance with the successful Respondent's proposal.
Rural and Regional Victoria (RRV) is the lead responsible agency within the Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions (DJPR). Development Victoria (DV) is managing the procurement and delivery of the Project in accordance with the Partnerships Victoria framework on behalf of the State.
The private sector will be responsible for:
- master-planning of the precinct;
- designing, constructing and commissioning the GCEC facility, including delivery of associated utilities infrastructure and provision of FF&E and ICT assets;
- designing, constructing and commissioning the hotel, to be operated by the private sector; and
- designing and constructing any other retail, commercial and/or residential developments.
An extensive suite of trade packages will be required to deliver the facility, hotel and other developments including (depending on the winning tender’s final design):
- Acoustic Wall and Ceiling Panels
- Bulk Excavation and Fill
- Carpet and Floor Mats
- Concrete and Detailed Excavation
- Electrical - Power, Lighting, Comms
- Fire (Wet - Sprinklers, Hydrants and Hosereels)
- Glazed Screens / Balustrades
- Joinery / Fitments
- Kitchen / Servery Fitout
- Landscaping and Paving
- Lighting / Rigging
- Masonry / Blockwork
- Operable Walls
- Plasterering - Ceilings, Metal Partitions and Linings
- Retractable seating
- Roofing, Eaves Lining and Metal Wall Cladding
The indicative Project timeline is as follows (subject to change):
- July 2022 – RFP shortlist announced
- Sept 2022 – Request for Proposals released
- March 2023 – Proposals submitted
- July 2023 – Preferred tenderer selected
- September 2023 – Contract signed
- Late 2023 – Construction commencement
- Late 2025 – Construction completion
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- To submit an EOI, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to companies who are short listed to bid for this Project.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complementing a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance are available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Information & Updates, Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.