Project at a glance
Regional Manager - Murray/Riverina NSW
Transgrid has contracted the HumeLink West JV (UGL Engineering and CPB Contractors) to deliver a fully completed turnkey solution for the HumeLink West portion of HumeLink upon the anticipated granting of construction approval.
Initial activities include site investigations and engineering design to be followed by enabling civil works primarily for temporary roads and facilities. Project construction will include the delivery of two new substations and upgrade of a third, the erection and stringing of approximately 360 transmission line towers across 130kms of alignment between Wagga Wagga, the lower Snowy Mountains (at Maragle) and an interface point with HumeLink East, near Gundagai.
HumeLink West JV (HLJV) is now establishing procurement and resourcing relationships with local and regional suppliers to support a wide range of activities including:
- Geotech, survey and engineering design related works
- Civil works and traffic management to construct or upgrade about 300 kms of access tracks
- Works to site two temporary 500 worker accommodation villages and other facilities
- Establishment of 6 equipment laydown areas along the alignment
- Transport services for the delivery of steel, concrete and equipment
- Preparation of new substation sites at Gugaa and Maragle
- Construction of new substations at Gugaa and Maragle
- Upgrade of the existing Wagga Wagga Substation
- Erection and stringing of approximately 360 transmission towers
- Rerouting of approximately 2 kms of existing transmission line to Wagga Wagga Substation.
The HumeLink JV is committed to working with Transgrid to maximise the social and economic benefits of HumeLink West to local and regional communities and is establishing a range of initiatives that will drive local business, employment and trainee participation throughout project delivery. Interested parties are encouraged to be in contact via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional information about the project is available by clinking on the link https://www.transgrid.com.au/projects-innovation/humelink
How to Register an Expression of Interest for Listed Packages
Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed on the 'Work Packages' tab above
To submit an initial EOI for the Work Scopes, companies must have an ICN Gateway capability profile.
Information on how to create your capability profile on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
ICN Gateway Capability Profile Creation
Click on "Join Now", at the top of this screen, to complete your capability profile on ICN Gateway.
Your company summary and company description are used to assess your ability to complete projects when you lodge an EOI - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible. Click below to download the guide to setting up your Gateway profile
Acciona Genus Joint Venture have been awarded the HumeLink East Portion of the Project spanning from Bannaby to Wondalga which will reinforce Transgrid's transmission network in southern NSW to improve the flow of electricity from new generation sources in southern and western NSW to major demand centres in the State, and to customers across the NEM.
Acciona Genus Joint Venture have been tasked to complete Humelink East, which includes all works and activities associated with:
1. Augmenting the existing Bannaby 500kV Substation;
2. Delivering a new 500kV double circuit transmission line connecting the augmented Bannaby 500kV substation to the interface point with HumeLink West;
3. Delivering all infrastructure required for the 500kV double circuit transmission Line; and
4. Delivering the infrastructure required at the Interface Point to enable connection between HumeLink West and HumeLink East Transmission Line works.