M7-M12 Integration Project
Project at a glance
Senior Consultant | Sydney and Sydney Surrounds
John Holland has been awarded the contract to deliver the M7-M12 Integration Project
The total cost of the M7-M12 Integration project is $1.7 billion and will provide a significant economic boost to the Western Sydney region.
The M7-M12 Integration Project will support the growth of Western Sydney by widening the M7 Motorway and delivering a seamless connection to the 16-kilometre M12 Motorway to provide direct access to the new Western Sydney International Airport.
The project will deliver:
- The widening of the M7 Motorway by constructing one additional northbound lane and one additional southbound lane in the median of the M7 to provide three lanes in each direction for 26-kilometres between the M5 Motorway and Richmond Road, excluding the Light Horse Interchange.
- The M7-M12 Interchange, being a connection between the M7 Motorway and the new M12 Motorway.
- Elizabeth Drive Connection that provides a connection to and from the new M12 Motorway and includes the widening of Elizabeth Drive and realigning Wallgrove and Cecil Roads.
Construction on the project commenced in August 2023 for the Elizabeth Drive Connection & M12 Interchange, and late 2023 for the widening component. With work taking approximately three years to complete, the M7-M12 Integration Project is anticipated to open mid-2026.
Delivery of the M7-M12 Integration project will:
- Support the growth of Western Sydney by meeting the demand for road travel
- Improve productivity by reducing journey time on a key freight route
- Reduce stop-start traffic that will improve the safe flow of traffic
- Reduce traffic in the local road network, enabling livable and safe urban communities
- Provide a seamless connection to the 16 kilometer east-west M12 Motorway, and direct access to the Western Sydney International Airport and Western Parkland City growth area
- Provide employment opportunities to the Western Sydney community
- Provide procurement opportunities for small to medium size businesses local to Western Sydney
How to register an Expression of Interest (EOI)
- Work packages currently available to submit an EOI are listed in the 'Work Packages' tab above. Refer to the EOI User Guide below for instructions and assistance to submit an EOI.
- To submit an initial EOI for the work packages, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
ICN Gateway Company Registration
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- Your company summary and company description are used to assess your ability to complete projects when you lodge an EOI - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.