Barwon Women's and Children's
Project at a glance
Regional Manager Barwon Region
The BWC Project will be completed over two stages and construction of the final stage is expected to be completed in 2029.
Enabling Works (Endoscopy and Day Procedure Relocation Works)
The BWC Project will displace the Gretta Volum Centre (which fronts Bellerine Street), requiring the clinical services provided to be relocated to Level 1 of the Youang Surgery Centre (formerly known as Building B) located at 56-58 Bellerine street in Geelong.
This package of works consists of a mixture of refurbishment within the existing footprint, and new build via expansion to the Level 1 floor plate. All vertical and horizontal adjacent services within the Youang Surgery Centre will continue to operate during the works.
Barwon Health who is managing this package of works will engage a Head Contractor to undertake the works.
The Tender for this package will be released in November 2023 with construction completion due early 2025.
BWC Main Works
The full scope of the main works is as follows:
- Demolition of Gretta Volum Centre
- Services/utilities diversions
- Expanded outpatients' area and pharmacy storage
- New birthing department
- Additional new theatres and expanded CSSD storage
- Expanded Day of Surgery Admissions (DOSA)
- New Back of House and plantroom facilities for BWC
- A new main entry and front of house amenities
- Expanded maternity inpatient and new neonatal cot areas
- New paediatric inpatient unit
The BWC Project Main Works is intended to be delivered under a Managing Contractor (MC) contract split into 2 stages as follows: (i) Stage 1 - Early Contractor Involvement (ECI) Services and Early Works, (ii) Stage 2 - Main Works
The Tender will be released in September 2023.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- To submit an EOI, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to companies who are short listed to bid for this Project.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complementing a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance are available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Information & Updates, Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.