New Melton Hospital Project
Project at a glance
Building Equality Policy Industry Adviser
The Victorian Government has committed more than $900 million to deliver the New Melton Hospital Project (NMH or Project) to provide the foundation for a healthy and prosperous Melton, enabling the provision of high-quality acute health care close to home when the new hospital opens in 2029.The NMH will deliver a critical uplift in the capacity of public health services in Melton, where demand for services is expected to more than double over the next 20 years. The NMH will ensure that the people of Melbourne's west have greater access to quality care that is closer to family, friends and support networks. The Project will also ease demand pressures on other western and inner-Melbourne hospitals, where many patients currently seek treatment.
To be procured as an availability public private partnership (PPP), the Project presents an opportunity for the private sector to partner with the State to deliver an exemplary and enduring tertiary hospital that will enable delivery of world-class health care to Melton and surrounding communities. While a hospital first and foremost, the Project will also be a catalyst for the development of a vibrant Cobblebank precinct, and will support the development of a broader health, education, research and community precinct. Delivering this Project within the approved budget and on time is of the highest priority for the State. The State seeks the best in private sector expertise to design, build, finance and maintain the NMH, achieving value for money and excellence in health infrastructure to meet the long-term needs of the Victorian community.
The primary role of the NMH is to serve the growing local community's need for physical and mental health care. The NMH will provide access to a range of medical, surgical, emergency, mental health services and ambulatory care for patients of all ages. Clinical services at the NMH will provide moderate complexity inpatient and ambulatory care. Although capability will vary across services and specialties, the NMH will provide definitive care for most adult medical and surgical patients. The NMH will be linked with services of differing capability levels across Western Health to facilitate transfer and management of patients that is appropriate to their care needs. This service profile will reduce travel time for patients and relieve pressure on the Sunshine and Footscray Hospitals, as well as other Melbourne hospitals. The NMH will also have a key role as a flagship for new care and workforce models, with opportunities for advanced technology, remote care and new ways of working.
The NMH will have a central role in the outer western part of the Western Health catchment, liaising with both rural and metropolitan health services as well as local private providers, research and education institutes, community and primary services, and Aboriginal health organisations. As a hospital with strong connections to the community, the NMH will also have a key role as a major local employer in Cobblebank and the wider Melton catchment. While the NMH will initially provide capacity for at least 395 Points of Care (274 beds) to meet projected demand by 2029, the department's service planning indicates it will need to be master planned to provide capacity for 762 Points of Care (554 beds)) to meet long-term demand.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- To submit an EOI, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to companies who are short listed to bid for this Project.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complementing a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance are available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Information & Updates, Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.