Beach Energy - Offshore Gas Victoria (OGV) Project
Project at a glance
Beach Energy is a key supplier to Australia's East Coast domestic gas market. In Victoria, Beach produces gas through infrastructure located in the Bass Basin and the Otway Basin, both located offshore Victoria providing critical energy resources for Australia.
In the Bass Basin, Beach Energy currently produces natural gas and hydrocarbon liquids from the offshore Yolla field via the Yolla-A production platform for transport via a subsea pipeline to the Lang Lang Gas Plant located onshore near Lang Lang, Victoria.
Beach Energy also produces natural gas and hydrocarbon liquids from the offshore Thylacine and Geographe fields, located in the Otway Basin via the Thylacine A production platform. Gas from these fields is transported from the Thylacine production platform to the Otway Gas Plant located onshore near Port Campbell, Victoria.
Within close proximity to the current producing assets in both Bass Basin and Otway Basin, there are a number of smaller gas reserves which have proven difficult to develop as bespoke projects. Subject to internal and external approvals, OGV initiates a strategy to develop the additional gas reserves through utilisation of existing offshore infrastructure and creating further efficiencies through consolidated drilling and installation campaigns.
The offshore drilling campaign plans to engage a semi-submersible drill rig to perform drilling activities at various locations which would include well completions and subsea Christmas trees.
The facilities installation campaign would connect flowlines from the subsea Christmas trees back into the existing production flowlines or platforms, as well as brownfields modifications at the production platforms, and commissioning activities.
ABOUT BEACH ENERGY
Beach Energy is an ASX listed, oil and gas exploration and production company headquartered in Adelaide, South Australia.
Beach's purpose to 'sustainably deliver energy for communities' means we operate while maintaining the highest health, safety and environmental standards.
Founded in 1961, Beach today has oil and gas production in five basins across Australia and New Zealand.
Beach Energy is a key supplier to Australia's East Coast gas market, suppling approximately 12% of the gas on the East Coast of Australia, and is aiming to grow this further.
All of the gas Beach produces on the East Coast of Australia is sold to retailers within Australia.
Subject to internal approvals, project design and engineering works commenced early in 2023 with offshore drilling activities planned to commence in late 2024 and carry through into 2025 with subsea and offshore installation activities looking to commence in 2025.
PROJECT EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
The project will be calling for expressions of interest from capable Australian suppliers and service providers through the ICN Gateway.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- To submit an EOI, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to companies who are short listed to bid for this Project.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complementing a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance are available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Information & Updates, Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.