Lendlease - Reimagining Arts Centre Melbourne Stage 2 (MAPT North)
Project at a glance
Renewable Energy Industry Adviser
The MAPT Northern Package is a part of and a key enabler to the ambitious redevelopment of the Melbourne Arts Precinct. Reimagining Arts Centre Melbourne (RACM) Stage 2, the key element of the Northern Package, includes major upgrades to the State Theatre Auditorium which will undergo its most significant refurbishment since it was built in 1984
The Reimagining Arts Centre project comprises the following:
The State Theatre auditorium (under the Spire) will undergo its most significant refurbishment since opening, providing greater accessibility, new seating and flooring, and other air conditioning improvements to increase audience comfort.
Technology at the theatre will be upgraded with new state-of-the-art lighting, sound system and broadcast infrastructure upgrades - bringing the creative icon into the 21st century.
Improvements will be made to accessibility of the State Theatre, with the addition of new lifts and wheelchair positions in the Stalls.
Two new hospitality spaces will be built into the western and northern facades of the Theatres Building, giving visitors more choice for pre- and post-theatre dining.
Back-of-house improvements include an expanded underground Loading Dock, giving the potential for more shows to be staged, and a new rehearsal studio built to the same dimensions as the stage, allowing performers to rehearse and warm up right next to the stage.
Arts Centre Melbourne remains open during works which are due to complete in 2027.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- To submit an EOI, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to companies who are short listed to bid for this Project.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complementing a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance are available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Information & Updates, Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.