RES - Gippsland Offshore Wind Project
Project at a glance
RES is the world's largest independent renewable energy company, boasting a long history and broad base of experience in both onshore and offshore wind globally. RES employs more than 2,500 people and is active in 11 countries across three continents. At the forefront of the industry for 40 years, we have delivered more than 22GW of renewable energy projects across the globe and support an operational asset portfolio of 9GW worldwide for a large client base.
As an experienced offshore developer, RES has a deep understanding of the technical, commercial, and operational challenges presented by offshore wind projects as well as the expertise to develop, construct and operate projects of outstanding quality that provide a secure supply of sustainable, affordable, clean green energy.
RES acknowledge the Gunaikurnai peoples as the Traditional Owners of the land and sea upon which these projects are proposed. We pay our respects to Elders past and present and acknowledge their continuing connections to land, waterways and community.
RES is proposing to develop two 1.5GW offshore wind projects within the Gippsland Offshore Wind Zone. If successful, the projects would consist of fixed offshore wind turbines, associated offshore substations, subsea connections, export cable, onshore facilities.
The Projects will also require extensive onshore and offshore environmental, technical and social assessments, including, but not limited to:
- Marine environmental surveys
- Noise and visual impact assessments
- Terrestrial flora and fauna surveys
- LiDar and Metocean assessments
- Geotechnical and geophysical surveys
- Social and economic assessments
- Cultural heritage assessments
The initial feasibility licence period will be up to 7 years, followed by a construction/installation phase and operations phase of up to 40 years.
Further updates - including project milestones and work packages - will be provided mid-2023.
The RES ethos is to ensure consistent and clear engagement and to maximise local benefit. We are committed to collaborating with local business, First Nations and community groups in the development and construction of socially responsible projects.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- To submit an EOI, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to companies who are short listed to bid for this Project.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complementing a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance are available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Information & Updates, Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.