Ballarat Base Hospital Redevelopment - Stage 2
Project at a glance
Industry Adviser - Ballarat
John Holland has been appointed to deliver the new central energy plant and support services building on Drummond Street as part of stage two of the $541.6 million Ballarat Base Hospital redevelopment.
A central energy plant is a building that supplies power, heating and cooling to the hospital, including backup power during disruptions.
The works include upgrading infrastructure to support the existing site to ensure hospitals can power themselves in an emergency. The new building will also house a state-of-the-art pharmacy, pathology services and an Education and Learning Centre for Grampians Health and Deakin Rural Clinical School.
This next stage follows significant refurbishment and demolition works. These were completed by local builder H. Troon on the Ballarat Base Hospital site earlier this year. The works have paved the way for construction of the new building on Drummond Street.
Project (Stage 2) Scope
The BBHR Stage 2 consists of the following scope:
- a new purpose built CEPSS Building (approx. 9,227m2 gross floor area inclusive of basement to roof levels)
- a new services tunnel linking the Central Energy Plant to existing buildings within the hospital inclusive of services infrastructure
- Removal of temporary link between the Medical Services Building and BRICC
- Reinstatement works to buildings adjacent to the new CEPSS Building.
Once complete, the expansion of the Ballarat Base Hospital will deliver:
- a new central energy plant
- new pharmacy and pathology facilities
- a new Education and Learning Centre
- a multilevel hospital tower
- a new emergency department
- a women and children's hub
- a state-of-the-art theatre suite
- an extra 100 inpatient and short stay beds
- a new and expanded critical care floor.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- To submit an EOI, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to companies who are short listed to bid for this Project.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complementing a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance are available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Information & Updates, Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.