Cape Winds Offshore Windfarm
Project at a glance
Regional Manager Barwon Region
Skyborn Renewables, in joint venture with Australis Energy Limited is developing the Cape Winds Offshore Windfarm, located in the Southwest Victoria region, near Portland. The wind turbines will be approximately 5.5 kms off the shores of Discovery Bay and expected to be able to produce around 2 Gigawatts of clean renewable energy.
About Skyborn Renewables Australia
Skyborn Renewables is a pioneer and leading offshore wind developer and operator with more than 20 years' experience and a track record of approx. 7 GW developed around the globe to date. Bringing together the experience of ~300 employees, Skyborn's capabilities cover the entire offshore wind value chain, including greenfield development, engineering and design, procurement, financing, construction management and asset management. Skyborn's portfolio includes a global pipeline of > 30 GW in various stages of development.
Skyborn is committed to the communities in which projects operate and keen to form a positive engagement with the local community, local industry and the Traditional Owners of the land where the project is being proposed.
The project may take 5 - 10 years to get through development and study work, and if constructed, approximately 3 years to build, followed by an operating life of approximately 30 years before decommissioning. Skyborn is currently commencing an environmental and planning approvals study phase to review: environmental, technical, socio economic, cultural heritage, maritime and land use impacts.
Industry Engagement Process
Skyborn welcomes the input and interests of local suppliers, contractors, service providers and any suitably qualified businesses or individuals, seeking involvement or supplying to the project as it progress through development, construction and operating phases. Skyborn will also provide regular updates to industry regarding development, design and procurement activities.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- To submit an EOI, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to companies who are short listed to bid for this Project.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complementing a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance are available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Information & Updates, Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.