Hunter Gas Pipeline
Project at a glance
About the Project Owner
A proudly Australian company, Santos is a leading supplier of natural gas, a fuel for the future providing cleaner energy to improve the lives of people in Australia and Asia. Santos is already Australia's biggest domestic gas supplier and aims to be a leading Asia-Pacific LNG supplier. For over 65 years, Santos has been working in partnership with local communities, providing jobs and business opportunities, and safely and sustainably developing Australia's natural gas resources. Santos' strategy is centred on five core long-life natural gas and LNG assets: the Cooper Basin, Queensland and New South Wales, Western Australia, Northern Australia and Timor-Leste, and Papua New Guinea.
The Hunter Gas Pipeline (HGP) Pty Ltd is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Santos. The proposed underground pipeline route passes close to Santos' Narrabri Gas Project (NGP). The goal is to work with infrastructure developers and landholders to construct a pipeline that will deliver much-needed gas to the east coast domestic market in the shortest timeframe possible.
The 833-kilometre pipeline already has planning approval from the NSW and Queensland governments. Once constructed, it will potentially connect the Wallumbilla Gas Supply Hub in Queensland to NSW, providing a second route to southern markets for Queensland gas and adding competition to the domestic market.
The HGP has been designed with offtake points at various regional towns along the route, and the corridor was selected to ensure minimum impact on communities, landowners, and the environment. The pipeline will also be designed to transport hydrogen as customer demand evolves during the energy transition
Santos intends to undertake a self-managed approach and act as the procurement entity for the project. With contracting strategies to be developed, Santos will engage the market to secure the goods and/or services required with an emphasis of engaging local businesses where capability allows.
Registration of Interest (ROI) Opportunities
Opportunities for the supply of key goods and services will be posted in the Work Packages section below for Australian entities to register their interest. A General Interest option is also available for suppliers to register.
Santos qualification considerations are available in the Project Documents section below allowing businesses to address capability gaps ahead of registering interest.
General Information on Project
Further details of the project are available at https://huntergaspipeline.com.au while further information on working with Santos is available at
How to register an Expression of Interest (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed in the 'Work Packages' tab above. Refer to the EOI User Guide below for instructions and assistance to submit an EOI.
- To submit an initial EOI for the work packages, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
ICN Gateway Company Registration
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- Your company summary and company description are used to assess your ability to complete projects when you lodge an EOI - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.