Defence Establishment Orchard Hills Redevelopment
Project at a glance
Industry Capability Network
The Department of Defence plans to undertake a major investment in Defence Establishment Orchard Hills (DEOH). DEOH is approximately 7km South of Penrith and 50km West of the Sydney CBD. The site has been in use as an Explosive Ordnance Depot and training facility since the 1940s.
It is expected the project will achieve Government approval in the second quarter of 2023.
- Government approval second quarter of 2023.
- Design completion second and third quarters 2023.
- Procurement of trade contractors from third quarter of 2023.
- Construction from fourth quarter 2023 for an anticipated 3 years.
Project value between $300m to $400m
The scope of work will include upgrades of the:-
- Water supply
- Wastewater system
- Electrical HV & LV networks
- Roads and carparks
- A new Base entry
Replacement of many buildings including new:-
- Working accommodation buildings
- Living in accommodation
- Specialist buildings for the Defence Explosive Ordnance Training School
- Range control building
- Specialist processing building
- Refurbishment of existing buildings
- Cadet buildings
An industry briefing was held on Friday 21 October 2022. No information from the briefing will be made available following the briefing.
ICN Gateway Company Registration
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- Your company summary and company description are used to assess your ability to complete projects when you lodge an EOI - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.