Suburban Rail Loop IWEW (Early Works)
Project at a glance
The Suburban Rail Loop is one of the largest transport projects in Victoria. The 90km Suburban Rail Loop will connect every major rail line from Frankston to Werribee, travelling in a loop across the north of Melbourne. The first stage is the Suburban Rail Loop (SRL) East between Cheltenham and Box Hill will deliver cross-suburb transport to key destinations, helping transform Melbourne's public transport system and delivering enormous social and economic benefits to the local community.
SRL East involves twin 26km rail tunnels, six new underground stations at Cheltenham, Clayton (major interchange station), Monash, Glen Waverley, Burwood, and Box Hill, as well as a stabling yard at Heatherton.
The works awarded to Laing O'Rourke as the Managing Contractor (MC) is the Initial Works and Early Works (IWEW) package for the SRL East, which includes:
- relocation and protection of utilities
- site establishment works
- road and tram modifications
- ground improvement trials
- construction of two Tunnel Access Shafts (TAS) and;
- construction of a Traffic and Utilities bridge.
The SRL IWEW commenced in 2022 and will be completed by 2025.
Supplier and Subcontractors are required to express an interest against package of works on the ICN gateway, detailing key information, services/goods provided, size of business, relevant experience, capabilities and by initially providing responses to the simple short pre- qualification questionnaire.
Subject to the responses during the EOI phase, the supplier /subcontractor will be considered to be on the tender panel, if and when the work package is ready to be issued. Invitation to tender (ITT) will then be issued to the tender panel, comprising of tender documents, specification, full prequalification questionnaire, tender schedules and the form of contract, all necessary to complete and submit a tender. Following the evaluation of each tender and criteria (explained in the tender docs) the preferred tenderer will be recommended to the Client for approval.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- To submit an EOI, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to companies who are short listed to bid for this Project.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complementing a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance are available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Information & Updates, Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.