Melbourne Airport Rail (Early Works)
Project at a glance
Melbourne Airport Rail (the Project or MAR) will link Victoria’s primary airport (Melbourne Airport) to the metropolitan and regional rail networks for the first time, delivering a key piece of crucial transport infrastructure to meet the demand generated by Victoria’s growing population and evolving global economy.
The Australian and Victorian Governments have committed $5 billion each in funding towards MAR. MAR will be a heavy rail line integrated into the existing Melbourne metropolitan rail network. An alignment via Sunshine Station then through the Metro Tunnel has been confirmed as the route between Melbourne Airport and the Melbourne CBD. Rail Projects Victoria (RPV), a delivery agency within the Major Transport Infrastructure Authority (MTIA), is overseeing the planning, development, procurement and delivery of Melbourne Airport Rail.
Laing O'Rourke will be the Managing Contractor for the MAR Early Works and invites Respondents who have the requisite experience, capability and capacity to deliver the Early Works packages to submit an "Expression of Interest" for the Early Works by responding to this Prequalification Questionnaire.
The MAR Early Works primarily comprises of Utility Services Infrastructure relocation and protection along the project alignment, including both contestable and non-contestable critical utilities.
The Utilities Services include:
- Water & Sewer Mains
- Gas Mains
- Telecommunications Cables
Other works include:
- Construction of a Water Pressure Reducing Station
- General Civil works along the services corridor
Non-Contestable works will be performed by Utility Service Providers (USP) and include:
- Water & Sewer (16 Services) - Greater Western Water (GWW)
- Gas (4 Services) - AusNet
- Electrical (25 Services) - Powercor, Jemena
- Telecommunications (21 Services) - TPG/AAPT, NBN Co, Optus, Telstra, Vocus- Fuel - Exxon Mobile
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- To submit an EOI, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to companies who are short listed to bid for this Project.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complementing a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance are available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Information & Updates, Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.