Hunter Power Project - UGL
Project at a glance
About the Project
CIMIC Group's UGL is the Principal Contractor of Snowy Hydro Limited's Hunter Power Project for the construction of a 660MW power generation plant in Kurri Kurri, New South Wales.
This power station will generate energy with two heavy-duty "F Class" open cycle gas turbines. These turbines will be capable of operating on hydrogen, natural gas and diesel as a backup.
The purpose of the Hunter Power Project is to provide dispatchable "firmed" energy, ensuring security and stability to support the volatility that arises from intermittent renewable energy sources. In addition, this facility will fill the gap in electricity demand and ensure that the supply of electricity is secured after the Liddell Power Station at Muswellbrook retires.
The Hunter Power Project will receive gas through a new lateral pipeline connecting to the Jemena Gas Network Northern Trunk and a gas compression station, both being developed in parallel to the facility as a separate project.
The power station will also include a new 132 kV electrical switchyard, that will eventually be owned and operated by Ausgrid as the Network Service Provider (NSP).
For more information about the Hunter Power Project, please visit www.snowyhydro.com.au/hunter-power-project/
Work with us
We're looking for local suppliers of goods and services.
Click on the "Work Packages" tab above to find a suitable work package for your business and express your interest in participating.
How to register an Expression of Interest (EOI)
- Available work packages are listed in the "Work Packages" tab above.
- Refer to the EOI User Guide for instructions and assistance to submit an EOI.
- Your business must have an ICN Gateway company profile to submit an initial EOI for the work packages. To create a profile, please refer to the information below on how to register your company on ICN Gateway.
ICN Gateway Company Registration
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Your company summary and description will be used to assess your ability to complete projects when you lodge an EOI. Please ensure that your team invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.