Snowy Rail Bridge Restoration Project
Project at a glance
The Snowy Rail Bridge Restoration Project will restore and refurbish the existing 770 metre unique historic timber Snowy Rail Bridge (‘the Bridge’) to be a cycling and walking trail that directly links into an existing network of trails adjacent to the town of Orbost in East Gippsland.
The Bridge is currently in moderately sound condition.
- removal of ballast material
- replacement and support of some existing piles; and
- construction of new decking and hand rail with synthetic materials that are sympathetic to the original structure.
- additional car parking
- access; and
Whilst the restored bridge will provide an engaging and accessible tourist experience for the adjacent town of Orbost, its greatest impact is as a hugely visible icon for the East Gippsland Rail Trail and other trails and nature experiences on Orbost’s doorstep.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- To submit an EOI, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to companies who are short listed to bid for this Project.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complementing a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance are available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Information & Updates, Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.