Project at a glance
Senior Consultant | Sydney and Sydney Surrounds
At approximately 40 storeys high, Atlassian Central will be the world’s tallest hybrid timber building with a glass and steel façade. It’s designed for 50% less embodied carbon and 100% renewables. With a mix of outdoor and indoor spaces, we’ll use an energy-efficient approach that features natural ventilation and large planted terraces giving access to nature.
The lower five storeys of the building will become the new YHA Central, a 500-bed hotel that supports the digital nomad, and curious traveller. The integration of the YHA and commercial space is a multi-use building format that retains a rich mix of uses that encourage a lively and dynamic atmosphere.
Located at Central Station, the new wider precinct will benefit from unbeatable access to multiple modes of public transport, cycle paths and pedestrian access. This high level of multimodal accessibility is a key factor to the success of any tech precinct.
The Atlassian development sits at the critical intersection of the Devonshire Tunnel, new Metro linkages and Central’s Third Square. The project team has worked extensively with Transport for NSW, adjacent landowners, the City of Sydney, Heritage NSW and the NSW Department Planning, Industry & Environment to ensure all aspects of the precinct are considered in the design and public realm.
The proposed development is owned by both Atlassian and Dexus, with Dexus also being the Developer. Built Pty Ltd and Obayashi Corporation have formed a joint venture (BOJV - Built Obayashi Joint Venture) and are the Main Contractor leading the design, procurement and construction activities for the proposed development.
The proposed development is comprised of:
- Two basement levels (B1 & B2) which includes service spaces, loading docks, and End of Trip (EOT) facilities which will be accessed from Lee St following the completion of works to convert the existing Upper Carriage Lane into a shared ramp from Lee Street which will service both the Adina Hotel and Atlassian development.
- Delivery of Transport for NSW assets (State Works) comprising Lower Ground Floor and Upper Ground floor through site link which is key pedestrian infrastructure for Central Station to connect the future metro Central Walk West,
- Dismantle and reinstatement of heritage elements of the existing Parcel Shed which will form the new building lobby,
- Construction of a new high-rise tower of approx. 68,500m2 including the new YHA accommodation (lower levels) and commercial office level for Atlassian (upper levels).
Further information on the project is available at Atlassian Central.
How to register an Expression of Interest (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed in the 'Work Packages' tab above. Refer to the EOI User Guide below for instructions and assistance to submit an EOI.
- To submit an initial EOI for the work packages, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
ICN Gateway Company Registration
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- Your company summary and company description are used to assess your ability to complete projects when you lodge an EOI - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.