Western Sydney International Airport - Landside Civil and Building Works
Project at a glance
Senior Consultant | Sydney and Sydney Surrounds
The Western Sydney Airport Co (WSA) will deliver Sydney a second airport at Badgerys Creek in Sydney's west. Construction of Western Sydney International (Nancy-Bird Walton) Airport is underway and on track to begin operations in 2026. The airport is a transformational infrastructure project that will generate economic activity and meet Sydney's growing aviation needs. The airport will be a full service airport operating curfew free, delivering international, domestic and freight services.
AeroWest JV, comprising of BMD Constructions and Seymour Whyte Constructions, was awarded the Landside Civil and Building (LCB) Works Design & Construct Contract in December 2021.
The Scope that applies to the LCB Works is as listed below:
- Ancillary facilities for aviation, support function, including airport operations, emergency operations, maintenance, airfield access gates, and waste management;
- Ground transport and cycleway network, including connections to the terminal precinct, facilities within the site, M12 Motorway and Elizabeth Drive;
- A road network in the north-east area of the Airport site, including connections to the terminal precinct, facilities within the site, M12 Motorway, and Elizabeth Drive;
- Ground transport operation facilities, including carparks, electric vehicle charging stations, and a holding area for point-to-point transport services;
- Sitewide Systems, including elements of audio-visual monitors, building and infrastructure systems, electronic security systems, network and telecommunication systems, and parking management systems;
- Landscaping, including placement of final level topsoil and planting;
- Wayfinding and signage for roads and facilities in and around the Site.
- Stormwater drainage, including connection to the trunk drainage systems installed as part of the Bulk Earthworks Contractor Works and by other Project Contractors;
- Sitewide Services, including trunk main networks within the Site for potable water, recycled water, wastewater and gas network, as well as the reticulation of LV power to facilities within the Site; and
- Enabling infrastructure within the Site for High Voltage power and the ICN, which includes Fibre Optic Cable Backbone (FOCB).
All subcontractors must be compliant with the Code for the Tendering and Performance of Building Works 2016 in order to be considered for project tendering opportunities. A sample copy of the Code Questionnaire and Declaration is provided below for your convenience. Please note that any subcontractors progressing with AeroWest JV will be required to complete the document at a later stage.
How to register an Expression of Interest (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed in the 'Work Packages' tab above. Refer to the EOI User Guide below for instructions and assistance to submit an EOI.
- To submit an initial EOI for the work packages, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
ICN Gateway Company Registration
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- Your company summary and company description are used to assess your ability to complete projects when you lodge an EOI - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.