SEA 1905 - MiPath Unmanned Surface Vessel (USV)
Project at a glance
NSW Defence Industry Manager
About the Project Owner
Thales Underwater Systems (UWS) is a world leader in its field and a major exporter of sonars and associated systems for navies and air forces worldwide. The Underwater Systems business line has operating units in France, United Kingdom and Australia, and employs about 2,500 people world-wide and 300 people in Australia.
Thales Underwater Systems has a wide range of products, systems and services which include:
- Sonars for all platforms (submarines, surface vessels, helicopters and maritime patrol aircraft)
- Mine countermeasures systems
- Acoustic homing heads for torpedoes
- Underwater security and protection
- Customer support and related services
More details of Thales Australia and the Thales Group can be found on https://www.thalesgroup.com
Thales UWS is seeking to gain a detailed understanding of Australian industry for organisations with the design and technical capability to manufacture, supply and support the ‘MiPath Unmanned Surface Vessel’ outlined in this Expression of Interest (EOI). Note Thales is looking for an organisation to partner with who can provide the Unmanned Surface Vessel as a turn-key solution.
This opportunity offers the successful organisation the potential to partner with Thales in Australia for the SEA1905 Programme and global defence programmes through the Thales Global Supply Chain.
General Information on Project
The MiPath USV is based on a highly capable workboat platform, designed and developed by Thales and its key partner L3-Harris, that has formed the basis of a series of capability developments implemented by Thales for both the UK Royal Navy and the French Marine Nationale.
The EOI scope pertains to the manufacture of a first layer of architecture, the USV platform. This is for the vessel only and limited to the hull and deck, propulsion/power and hydraulic systems, standard marine equipment fit out, and sensor and payload fixed wiring installation.
More information is provided in the attached PDF Document.
How to register an Expression of Interest(EOI)
- Work packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed in the 'Work Packages' tab above.
- To submit an initial EOI for the work packages, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
ICN Gateway Company Registration
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance are available through the web links listed below and attached guide
- Your company summary and company description are used to assess your ability to complete projects when you lodge an EOI - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.