Gold Coast Light Rail Project - Stage 3
Project at a glance
Procurement Engineering Specialist
Stage 3 includes 6.7 km of new dual-track light rail running from Broadbeach South Station to Burleigh Heads, eight new light rail stations and five additional light rail vehicles. It will also include an upgrade and expansion of the existing depot and stabling facilities, new light rail-bus connections at Burleigh Heads and Miami and supporting works and improvements, including signalised traffic intersections and upgrades, new signalised pedestrian crossings and upgraded pedestrian and cycle facilities.
Main works scope includes:
Design, construction, testing and commissioning of:
- Light rail including associated track bed, masts, and overhead wiring,
- Stabling yard with associated buildings
- Station platforms and structures
- Contestable electrical, gas and telecommunications work
- Trenchless work
- Combined services route (CSR) and cabling and connections
- Rails systems
- HV/LV installers/electricians
- Profiling and resurfacing
- Highway maintenance services
- Signs and road marking
- Kerbing and slipform
- Public realm hard and soft landscaping including street furniture
- Retaining walls
- Street lighting and traffic signals
- Plant and equipment dry hire
- Plant wet hire
- Professional services
- Construction support services
- Site support services
- Obtaining and fulfilling the requirements and conditions of all relevant government approvals, including Local Government approvals, applicable to the D&C Phase
Q4 2021 – procurement activity is being undertaken under an Early Works agreement
Q2 2022 – anticipated commencement of major construction works
Early 2025 – project completion
CODE FOR TENDERING AND PERFORMANCE OF BUILDING WORK 2016 (BUILDING CODE)
The Building Code applies to this project. John Holland is committed to delivering the works in accordance with our obligations set out in the Building Code. Subcontractors are required to comply with the Building Code to be considered for the project. For further information, www.abcc.gov.au.
QUEENSLAND PROCUREMENT POLICY
John Holland is committed to delivering the works under the Queensland Procurement Policy including the Best Practice Principles. Subcontractors and suppliers are strongly encouraged to review the following information to better understand these requirements:
The following Queensland Government policies are applicable to this project:
(Please note the below link works in Google Chrome and not on other web browsers)
An industry briefing session for this project was held on 23 September 2021
The below webcast link is available to be clicked on to go through the recorded version of the Industry Briefing Session.
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
John Holland requires industry interested in supplying to the project to register an expression of interest (EOI) through the ICN Gateway webpage which includes for completion of an EOI Questionnaire.
Information on specific supply opportunities will be communicated on the ICN Gateway project page as it becomes available, with local industry able to register its interest against them.
It is important that businesses submitting an EOI are aware that their submission does not guarantee that they will progress further in the procurement process.
John Holland will assess completed EOI questionnaires with only companies that can demonstrate
· Capability and capacity to undertake the scope; and
· Commitment to Queensland Procurement Policy and Best Practice Principles; and
· Preparedness to comply with John Holland policy; and
· An ability to contribute to the projects Best Practice Principles (BPP) targets
Companies may then be invited to tender for specific opportunities.
Suppliers who are unable to undertake the full scope of work are invited to register their interest as Partial Scope Suppliers. A list of Partial Scope Suppliers who have submitted a compliant EOI will be provided to tenderers.
John Holland strongly encourages local industry to contact the ICN Queensland in the first instance to improve their understanding of the EOI process.
John Holland primary contact for this project is:
The Procurement Manager