Bluescope No. 6 Blast Furnace Reline Project
Project at a glance
Regional Manager - Illawarra and South East NSW
BlueScope has commenced development for the scope of work and estimate for a furnace reline, repair and upgrade of ancillary equipment/plant/systems allowing 6BF to re-start for a second campaign to replace the production of existing No. 5 Blast Furnace when it completes its current production campaign.
6BF initial build and 5BF's last reline included significant commonality of equipment, systems and materials with each other. Commonality relates to the use of materially similar equipment, materials and or technology/systems. Based on the current 5BF's performance, there are significant aspects of the design and or equipment and or materials (commonality items) whose performance on No. 5 Blast Furnace BlueScope require to be utilised on No. 6. The utilisation of these commonality items will assist BlueScope to retain the production and asset life and business return benefits achieved from these elements in No. 5 Blast Furnace into the second campaign of No. 6 Blast Furnace.
In August 2023 the project was approved to move into execution.
The full announcement and information details can be found at the following link - https://wcsecure.weblink.com.au/pdf/BSL/02699304.pdf.
The first ('Early Works') stage of the Execution phase is currently scheduled for September 2023 to August 2024, focusing on works that prepare the furnace and associated plant for the commencement of the reline itself and installation of new equipment.
Early Works will also be conducted where early completion aids in managing resource levels across the entire reline works period.
The second stage will be the balance of Execution works, completed over a two-year period from September 2024 to August 2026.
Procurement will be undertaken directly by the BlueScope project team utilising ICN to assist with identifying potential suppliers and contractors.
ICN will manage the EOI phase and be the conduit for responding to EOI submission queries and or status. BlueScope will directly issue tenders to and correspond with selected tenderer. BlueScope will advise tenderers of their success or otherwise and where requested will provide feedback to unsuccessful tenderers. While tenders will be sought from a broad spectrum of potential suppliers/constructors, those more local to and familiar with the site will have a natural advantage.
Successful tenderers will be required to comply with the Terms & Conditions and other documents shown below. Please review these prior to commencing an EOI.
How to register an Expression of Interest (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed in the 'Work Packages' tab above. Refer to theEOI User Guide below for instructions and assistance to submit an EOI.
- To submit an initial EOI for the work packages, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
ICN Gateway Company Registration
- Clickhereto register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- Your company summary and company description are used to assess your ability to complete projects when you lodge an EOI - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.