UGL Regional Linx
UGL Regional Linx (UGLRL) will begin operations in January 2022, operating on behalf of the client, Transport for NSW (TfNSW).
As part of UGL Regional Linx’s operation, a scope of works will include:
• Network operations
• Rail infrastructure maintenance and implementation of a new signalling system - UGL’s proprietary system, Sigview
• Asset and property management and safety, access, performance and environmental management.
UGL Regional Linx has made a strong commitment to local and indigenous employment, further strengthening the organisation’s commitment to regional NSW. As part of its operations, UGLRL has established its head office and purpose-built Network Control Centre in the heart of the Central West at Orange NSW.
The CRN network includes:
• 2,386 route kilometres of operational passenger and freight rail lines
• 3,139 route kilometres of non-operational lines
• 27,000 hectares of land and infrastructure
• 1,312 level crossings (300 active)
• 1,200 property assets (including 356 heritage sites)
• 600 rail lines under bridges and 384 road overbridges
• 996 km of branch line track used predominantly for haulage of grain
The CRN is a crucial piece of infrastructure to regional NSW and UGLRL is committed to ensure that it delivers a quality service for all customers, from rail passengers to farmers, and industry.
Project at a glance
Regional Manager, Central West