UGL Regional Linx
Project at a glance
Regional Manager, Central West
UGL Regional Linx (UGLRL) will begin operations in January 2022, operating on behalf of the client, Transport for NSW (TfNSW).
As part of UGL Regional Linx’s operation, a scope of works will include:
• Network operations
• Rail infrastructure maintenance and implementation of a new signalling system - UGL’s proprietary system, Sigview
• Asset and property management and safety, access, performance and environmental management.
UGL Regional Linx has made a strong commitment to local and indigenous employment, further strengthening the organisation’s commitment to regional NSW. As part of its operations, UGLRL has established its head office and purpose-built Network Control Centre in the heart of the Central West at Orange NSW.
The CRN network includes:
• 2,386 route kilometres of operational passenger and freight rail lines
• 3,139 route kilometres of non-operational lines
• 27,000 hectares of land and infrastructure
• 1,312 level crossings (300 active)
• 1,200 property assets (including 356 heritage sites)
• 600 rail lines under bridges and 384 road overbridges
• 996 km of branch line track used predominantly for haulage of grain
The CRN is a crucial piece of infrastructure to regional NSW and UGLRL is committed to ensure that it delivers a quality service for all customers, from rail passengers to farmers, and industry.