Swan Hill Emergency Department (Bid Phase)
Project at a glance
The Swan Hill District Hospital was established in 1860 as the Lower Murray District Hospital, incorporated in1872 and built in in 1889 along the Murray River in the current location. In 2008, Swan Hill District Hospital was renamed Swan Hill District Health (SHDH).
Strategically located in the Swan Hill town centre, it is 350kmnorth-west of Melbourne and mid-way between Bendigo in the south and Mildura in the north, approximately230km either way. SHDH is a sub-regional hospital serving a large area of northern Victoria and south-western New South Wales. The hospital serves an estimated catchment population of 35,000, including the Swan Hill rural city population of approximately 10,000. It is one of 4 major hospitals in the Loddon Mallee region.
The hospital provides acute inpatient, rehabilitation, primary care and aged care residence. SHDH's geographic location contributes to a concentrated service delivery model to the sub region. The nearest Regional Hospital is 200km away. SHDH delivers a core set of specialist acute and emergency services, as well as a comprehensive suite of primary and community based services. These existing clinical services include Emergency Care, Medical Imaging, Medical Services, Elective Surgery, Maternity, Pathology, Pharmacy, Dialysis and Day Oncology, Rehabilitation, Allied / Community Health, General Practitioner Clinic, Mental Health and Aged Care.
The objectives of this project are to provide for the safe and sustainable delivery of clinical services in the Swan Hill district through the development of a new emergency department and provision for future development.
This project is being delivered by the Victorian Health Building Authority in partnership with Swan Hill District Health.
The scope for this project is as follows:
Enabling works, including:
- Demolition of existing 3 storey building and associated works.
Construction of a new Emergency Department, including:
- Construction of a new 2 storey building.
- Enabling works are anticipated to be in late 2022
- Main works are anticipated to be commencing 2023.
Victorian Health Building Authority, Project Manager
- Pouyan Shivaee
Principal Consultant / Architect
- Silver Thomas Hanley
- Pelaco Complex, Building 3, Level 2
- 2131 Goodwood St, (PO Box 550), Richmond,VIC,3121
- Lehr Consultants International
- Level 2, 616 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, Victoria, 3004
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- To submit an EOI, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to the design team during the design process and companies who are short listed to bid for this Project.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complementing a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
- If the supplier / trade does not appear on the list it still may be required and suppliers / trades should register their EOI under 'Any Opportunities'. Suppliers / Trades need to be clear what they are expressing interest in.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance are available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Information & Updates, Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.