Goorambat East Solar Farm
Project at a glance
About Neoen Australia
Neoen is a leading independent producer of renewable energy, with a capacity of 4.8 GW in operation or under construction worldwide, aiming to reach more than 10 GW by the end of 2025. Neoen began operations in Australia in 2012, where it now owns a cumulative capacity of 2 GW of solar, wind and storage projects currently in operation or under construction.
Goorambat East Solar Farm Pty Ltd is a fully owned subsidiary of Neoen Australia Pty Ltd.
For more information, please visit the Neoen Website.
About the Project
The Goorambat East Solar Farm provides 640ha for a large utility scale solar farm rated at 250MWac. The project is located in the township of Goorambat, approximately 12km North of Benalla.
The solar plant and connection assets were approved with a planning permit in December 2019 by the Benalla Rural City Council. The project was also granted grid connection approval by AEMO in July 2021. It is now preparing for the construction stage, which is expected to begin in late 2022.
Goorambat East Solar Farm will include:
- an array of approximately 570,000 solar modules mounted onto horizontal single-axis trackers;
- low-voltage DC cabling reticulation network;
- approximately 78 inverters and medium-voltage transformers;
- 33kV AC cabling reticulation network;
- 33/250kV substation;
- operations and maintenance (O&M) buildings;
- internal roads and
For more information, please visit the project website.
Committed to deliver local and regional economic development through its projects, Neoen is seeking to engage with businesses across Benalla region and the State of Victoria to identify potential suppliers for goods and services related to the construction and operation of Goorambat East Solar Farm.
First work packages are open to expressions of interest to enable Neoen in identifying local suppliers for the project, in particular suppliers who address Victoria’s social and sustainable procurement objectives. The list of suppliers who have expressed their interest during this phase will be communicated to the EPC contractor which will be selected before construction.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- To submit an EOI, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to companies who are short listed to bid for this Project.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complementing a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance are available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Information & Updates, Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.