Kaban Wind Farm
Project at a glance
Procurement Engineering Specialist
The Kaban Wind Farm is located in far north Queensland, approximately 80km southwest of Cairns, within the Tablelands Region Local Government Area.
The Project involves the engineering, procurement and construction of 28 x V162-5.6 Wind Turbine Generators (WTG) with electrical reticulation, access roads, hardstand areas, and high voltage wind farm substation. The Windfarm substation will be connected to an existing adjacent Powerlink 275kV transmission line. The 275/33kV transformer will be located within the Kaban Wind Farm substation and be connected to the Powerlink substation by a single short section of overhead 275kV busbar.
Kaban Wind Farm Pty Ltd (or the Principal) has appointed Vestas Wind Australia Pty Ltd (Vestas) as the EPC Contractor for the wind farm Works. Vestas will be responsible for the engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) of the Kaban Wind Farm.
The main scope of works includes the following:
- Site establishment (installation of temporary facilities including site offices toilets, amenities, laydown areas, and on-site concrete batch plant)
- Design, procurement, manufacture, transport, installation, and commissioning of
- twenty-eight (28) V162-5.6 WTGs including blades and towers
- Design, procurement, installation, commissioning and testing of
- Underground medium voltage (MV) 33kV cabling, protection, and earthing system
- Central control scheme and SCADA for MV/HV Substation, Reactive Plant, and Wind farm
- Design and construction of O&M building, Switch room, Site entrances, Access roads, WTG foundations, Cable trenches, and Crane hardstand areas at each WTG location;
- Geotechnical investigations and reporting including micro-siting of the WTGs;
- Power Curve Verification including site calibration at two (2) WTG location
- Remediation of works areas and rehabilitation of disturbed soils
Vestas Wind Australia has appointed MPC Kinetic Pty Ltd as the Civil BOP Contractor and RJE Global Pty Ltd as the Electrical BOP Contractor for the Wind Farm associated works.
The construction works on the project have commenced and the completion date is expected to be in February 2023.
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Kaban Wind Farm Pty Ltd encourages local industry interested in supplying to the project to register an expression of interest (EOI) through the ICN Gateway webpage.
Information on specific supply opportunities will be communicated on the ICN Gateway project page as it becomes available, with local industry able to register its interest against them.
Please ensure that:
- Your company profile on the ICN Gateway is complete, up-to-date and accurate including electing to be notified via e-mail of supply opportunities
- You register your interest as a full or partial scope supplier (where applicable), and
- You respond to all project and work package-specific questions.
It is important that businesses submitting an EOI are aware that their submission does not guarantee that they will progress further in the procurement process. Only companies that can demonstrate capability and capacity in accordance with Vestas Wind Australia standards will be invited to pre-qualify for specific opportunities.
Kaban Wind Farm Pty Ltd strongly encourage local industry to contact the ICN Queensland in the first instance to improve their understanding of the EOI process.
Project primary contact is:
Mr Raj Geddam
Position Project Manager, Vestas Wind Australia
E-mail address KabanWindFarm@vestas.com