Sydney Metro City & Southwest - Barangaroo Station
BESIX Watpac is an Australian engineering-led multi-disciplinary contractor backed by a century of global expertise and financial strength. A wholly owned subsidiary of the award-winning BESIX Group, we specialise in complex construction across key sectors, including large-scale building and infrastructure projects. With three international hubs in Australia, Europe and the Middle East, we are united by one common purpose - to excel in creating sustainable solutions for a better world.
Our in-house team of 150+ engineers operates from three global hubs in Brisbane, Dubai and Brussels. We set new standards in construction through expert structural, geotechnical, sustainability, digital and façade engineering as well as rapidly evolving concrete technology. Our success is underpinned by strong supply chain relationships and our commitment to maximising local procurement and jobs, including in regional Australia. Prioritising local economic benefits, the people and communities we work with, sustainability, and social inclusion; we leave a positive legacy long after the project is completed.
Sydney Metro is Australia’s biggest public transport project. The Sydney Metro City & Southwest project includes a new 30-kilometre metro line extending from the end of the Metro North West Line at Chatswood, under Sydney Harbour, through new CBD stations and southwest to Bankstown.
Construction of the new Barangaroo Station includes:
· one station entrance accessible from Hickson Road, with provision for a second station entrance to be delivered by Infrastructure NSW
· public domain works including footpaths, tree planting, lighting and street furniture
· associated roadworks
· new bike parking; and
· new kiss and ride and taxi activities.
General Information on Project
More information about the project can be found at www.besixwatpac.com.au/barangaroo and Barangaroo Train Station | Information & Map | Sydney Metro (sydneymetro.info).
How to register an Expression of Interest for the listed packages
- Work packages currently available to submit an EOI are listed in the 'Work Packages' tab above.
- To submit an initial EOI for the packages, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only.
ICN Gateway company registration
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links below.
- Your company summary and company description are used to assess your ability to complete projects when you lodge an EOI – please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most efficient manner possible.
Project at a glance
Senior Consultant | Sydney Metropolitan
Sydney Metro is a new stand alone railway network that will revolutionise the way Sydney travels.
The Southwest Metro Station Upgrade Works Package 4 constitutes all the works required to repurpose Marrickville, Canterbury and Lakemba Trains Station to suit the new Metro Southwest services. This will include works such as the replacement of platform coping structure, resurfacing of station platforms, repurposing of station buildings, installation of throw screens on overbridges, construction of a new Metro services building at each station, installation of new lifts at Canterbury, installation of combined services routes, drainage works, fencing work and landscaping.
Crows Nest Station (SCN) is a new station being built under the Sydney Metro program of works, supporting the St Leonards specialised centre as a southern gateway to commercial and mixed-use activities. The station will also improve access to the restaurants and specialist shops in the Crows Nest village.