Sydney Metro City & Southwest - Crows Nest Station
A W Edwards is one of the most respected construction and fitout companies in Australia. Established in 1921, A W Edwards focuses on projects in NSW and has offices in both Sydney and Port Macquarie.
We have earned industry-wide recognition for undertaking and successfully completing complex projects, fostering innovation, embracing new technologies, and making a difference for clients, employees and the communities we work and live in.
Crows Nest Station (SCN) is a new station being built under the Sydney Metro program of works, supporting the St Leonards specialised centre as a southern gateway to commercial and mixed-use activities. The station will also improve access to the restaurants and specialist shops in the Crows Nest village.
Crows Nest Station will be between the Pacific Highway and Clarke Lane (eastern side of the Pacific Highway) and between Oxley Street and south of Hume Street. It will be strategically located to the south of the existing station at St Leonards and close to the leisure and retail strip along Willoughby Road.
SCN will be delivered in two portions that trigger asset handover events. The two portions are:
· Portion 1 - Trackway part of the Works, including platform works, provisions for rail infrastructure within the trackway, over-track exhaust structures, trackway invert and surrounding structures; and
· Portion 2 - The remainder of the Works.
The construction work on SCN is expected to complete in 2023. If selected to tender for a package of work, you will be contacted directly by a member of our procurement team. The procurement process will involve an Invitation to Tender via Aconex, with a suitable timeframe during which invited parties need to submit a number of deliverables.
A W Edwards engages a robust procurement process managed by our Commercial Manager to ensure governance, compliance, and engagement with our supply chain. The below outlines our procurement process.
Further information on the project is available at www.sydneymetro.info.
How to register an Expression of Interest for listed packages
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed in the 'Work Packages' tab above..
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Scopes, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile.
- Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only.
ICN Gateway Company Registration
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- Your company summary and company description are used to assess your ability to complete projects when you lodge an EOI - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
Project at a glance
Senior Consultant | Sydney Metropolitan
Sydney Metro is a new stand alone railway network that will revolutionise the way Sydney travels.
Systems Connect is an unincorporated Joint Venture between CIMIC Group companies, CPB Contractors and UGL.
The Joint Venture has been contracted to design and construct the Line-wide works to convert the excavated tunnel into a working railway for Sydney Metro City & Southwest.
This will help deliver the new world-class Sydney Metro, expanding the city’s new metro railway into the CBD and beyond to Bankstown.
Pitt Street Station is an underground station, about 17 metres (north end) to 20 metres (south end) below ground level, located in the Sydney CBD.
The Southwest Metro Station Upgrade Works Package 4 constitutes all the works required to repurpose Marrickville, Canterbury and Lakemba Trains Station to suit the new Metro Southwest services. This will include works such as the replacement of platform coping structure, resurfacing of station platforms, repurposing of station buildings, installation of throw screens on overbridges, construction of a new Metro services building at each station, installation of new lifts at Canterbury, installation of combined services routes, drainage works, fencing work and landscaping.
Sydney Metro is Australia’s biggest public transport project. The Sydney Metro City & Southwest project includes a new 30-kilometre metro line extending from the end of the Metro North West Line at Chatswood, under Sydney Harbour, through new CBD stations and southwest to Bankstown.
Construction of the new Barangaroo Station includes:
- one station entrance accessible from Hickson Road, with provision for a second station entrance to be delivered by Infrastructure NSW
- public domain works including footpaths, tree planting, lighting and street furniture
- associated roadworks
- new bike parking; and
- new kiss and ride and taxi activities
Sydney Metro West will connect Greater Parramatta and the Sydney CBD with a new 24-kilometre metro line and nine stations.
The project is expected to create about 10,000 direct and 70,000 indirect jobs during construction. Construction on Sydney Metro West started in 2020.