Seqirus, a wholly owned subsidiary of CSL Limited, will invest more than AUD$800 million in capital expenditure to construct new facilities in Melbourne to support its’ future product demand in Australia and across the globe. Seqirus has engaged BESIX Watpac, a leading Australian multi-disciplinary construction company backed by a century of global expertise and financial strength, to manage the construction of the facility. BESIX Watpac is a wholly owned subsidiary of the award-winning international contractor BESIX Group, specialising in complex construction across all sectors, including infrastructure and marine works. Combining Watpac’s four decades of trusted local experience and partnerships, Watpac bring the best of the world’s capability together.
About the Project
Project Banksia involves the design, construction, validation and registration of a new state-of-the-art biopharmaceutical facility, which will use innovative cell-based technology to produce influenza vaccines for use in both influenza pandemics and seasonal vaccination programs. This will be the only cell-based influenza vaccine manufacturing facility in the Southern Hemisphere. The facility will also manufacture Seqirus’ proprietary adjuvant MF59® and will produce unique products important to Australia’s public health needs – including antivenom for Australian snakes, spiders and marine creatures, and the world’s only human vaccine for Q-Fever.
The project will be a greenfield construction with site utilities and amenity to support the manufacturing operation, including black and clean utilities, warehousing, quality control laboratories, administration, cafeteria, car parking, etc. The facility is targeted to be operational by mid-2026.
Banksia Project Industry Briefing
Click here to view the Banksia Project Industry Briefing recording.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Package listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to the project owner for this project.
- The project owner will be provided with your detailed company profile outlining capabilities to supply into the project. The project owner will contact you directly if you are shortlisted to tender or quote.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email Notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.
Project at a glance