Project at a glance
CSL Seqirus, a wholly owned subsidiary of CSL Limited, will invest more than AUD$800 million in capital expenditure to construct new facilities in Melbourne to support its' future product demand in Australia and across the globe. CSL Seqirus has engaged BESIX Watpac, a leading Australian multi-disciplinary construction company backed by a century of global expertise and financial strength, to manage the construction of the facility. BESIX Watpac is a wholly owned subsidiary of the award-winning international contractor BESIX Group, specialising in complex construction across all sectors, including infrastructure and marine works. Combining Watpac's four decades of trusted local experience and partnerships, Watpac bring the best of the world's capability together.
About the Project
Project Banksia involves the design, construction, validation and registration of a new state-of-the-art biopharmaceutical facility, which will use innovative cell-based technology to produce influenza vaccines for use in both influenza pandemics and seasonal vaccination programs. This will be the only cell-based influenza vaccine manufacturing facility in the Southern Hemisphere. The facility will also manufacture CSL Seqirus' proprietary adjuvant MF59R and will produce unique products important to Australia's public health needs - including antivenom for Australian snakes, spiders and marine creatures, and the world's only human vaccine for Q-Fever.
The project will be a greenfield construction with site utilities and amenity to support the manufacturing operation, including black and clean utilities, warehousing, quality control laboratories, administration, cafeteria, car parking, etc. The facility is targeted to be operational by mid-2026.
The basic design has been completed, with the detailed design practically complete. Civil, Structural, Building Mechanical and Building Electrical contracts have been awarded for the main facility
The FCC facility concrete structure is close to practical completion and the internal fit out has commenced.
Site infrastructure is well advanced and expected to be complete in October 2022.
Awarded Contracts: Project Engineering Services & Equipment
Local Jobs First Policy
Seqirus has continued to engage with ICN to ensure it fulfils its Local Jobs First requirements. An initial industry briefing was held on 22 June 2021 with over 280 interested suppliers registering for the event. A landing page has been established for the project on ICN's gateway. A second industry briefing is scheduled for 3 October 2022.
A list of the local suppliers currently contracted to provide goods or service to the Project is below.
Civil Works: Delta Pty Ltd
Sewer and Storm Water: Wilson Plumbing and Drainage Pty Ltd
Design Engineering: Norman Disney Young
Project Controls:Turner & Townsend Pty Limited
Process Design: BIO TECH
Design Services: Lycopodium Process Industries
Safety Document Review: Environmental Resources Management Australia Pty Ltd
Design Services: Ingen3D Steel & Facade Detailing Pty. Ltd.
Engineering Consultancy Services: ICON
Design Services: Wood
HVAC Design Services: WSP
Structural and Dangerous Goods: ACOR
Quantity Surveyors: RLB
Building Surveyors: Philip Chaun
Automation Design Services: Mendis & Hanna
Geo Technical: OZ Geo
Design Services: Pitt & Sherry
Cultural Heritage Study: Biosys
Automation: Siemens Australia
- Syringe & Vial Packing Line
- Syringe Filling Line
- Packaging Line
- Process and Utilities vessels
- Parts washers and autoclaves
- Chromatography Skid and Column
- Process Mechanical Installation
- Process Electrical Installation
- CIP Skids
- WFI Still
- PW Generator
- Micro Filtration System
- Syringe & Vial Inspection Line
Banksia Project Industry Briefing
Download the Banksia Project Industry Briefing 2021 slide pack from the attachments section below.
Vendor Accreditation Process
The purpose of the Vendor Accreditation Process (VAP) is to assess and pre-qualify vendors to supply equipment, perform work or provide services for CSL at all Seqirus project site.
Key objectives of the VAP are to:
- Define a harmonized global process for the assessment and approval of vendors supplying equipment, performing work or providing services to all CSL Behring manufacturing sites.
- Define the boundaries and responsibilities of Category Leads in the global sourcing team.
- Establish and maintain a databank of all Vendor assessments and approval status for all CSL entities.
- Introduce a review cycle for all suppliers in order to accommodate the changing market environment.
- Define a method of recourse for disputes.
- List the evaluation criteria and templates.
The assessment consists of the following seven independent sections performed independent of each other:
- Legal Compliance
- Quality (QA/QC)
- Engineering and R&D (Technical)
- Supply Chain Integrity
- Trade compliance
The Process Owner is CSL Global Capex Category Lead.
Click here to watch the Project Banksia Industry Briefing recording.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Package listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to the project owner for this project.
- The project owner will be provided with your detailed company profile outlining capabilities to supply into the project. The project owner will contact you directly if you are shortlisted to tender or quote.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email Notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.