Great Eastern Highway Bypass Interchanges Project
The Greater Connect Alliance, a consortium comprising Laing O’Rourke, AECOM and Arcadis, in partnership with Main Roads, has been engaged to develop, design and construct the Great Eastern Highway Bypass Interchanges project following contract award in early 2021.
The project scope includes:
• Major interchanges at:
o Great Eastern Highway Bypass and Roe Highway
o Great Eastern Highway Bypass and Abernethy Road
• An extension of Lloyd Street, from its current end point adjacent to Bunnings to the south of Clayton Street to the Great Eastern Highway Bypass, including a new bridge over the Helena River
• Upgrades to the Great Eastern Highway Bypass, including removal of the existing intersection at Stirling Crescent
• Upgrades to parts of Abernethy Road
• A new road bridge over the PTA / Arc Infrastructure rail line
• Upgrade of Roe Highway between Talbot Road and Clayton Street, including a bridge duplication over Helena River
• Completion of the 30km Principal Shared Path network on Roe Highway between Great Eastern Highway and Kwinana Freeway
• Modification of existing utilities and services to enable construction
The project will be constructed in stages, with works anticipated to commence in late 2021, subject to the availability of land, environmental approvals, and the outcomes of detailed technical investigations.
Upon completion in 2024, the project will enhance connectivity, relieve congestion, and improve safety in Perth’s Eastern Metropolitan Region, bringing immediate benefits for over 60,000 road users per day.
For more information on the project, please visit https://www.mainroads.wa.gov.au/projects-initiatives/projects/metropolitan/Great-Eastern-Highway-Bypass-Interchanges/
Project at a glance
Supply Chain Consultant