Sydney Gateway, Stages 1 & 3
Project at a glance
Senior Consultant | Sydney and Sydney Surrounds
The Sydney Gateway project is part of Transport for NSW's strategy to increase the capacity of the infrastructure and services in the area surrounding Sydney Airport at Mascot. Sydney Gateway will provide a high capacity connection from Sydney Airport and Port Botany to the new WestConnex St Peters Interchange.
Transport for NSW awarded a D&C contract for Sydney Gateway Stages 1 & 3 to John Holland Seymour Whyte Joint Venture in October 2020. Major construction starts mid 2021 and the project is expected to be open to traffic late 2024.
Sydney Gateway, Stage 1 - International Terminal and Qantas Drive Connection.
- A new high capacity road connection linking the Sydney motorway network at St Peters Interchange with Sydney Airport's International Terminal and Qantas Drive.
- St Peters Interchange Connection - a new elevated section of road extending from St Peters interchange to the Botany Rail Line, including an overpass over Canal Road.
- Terminal 1 Connection - a new section of road connecting Terminal 1 with the St Peters interchange connection, including a bridge over Alexandra Canal and an overpass over the Botany Rail Line.
- Qantas Drive Upgrade and Extension - widening and upgrading Qantas Drive to connect Terminals 2/3 with the St Peters Interchange connection, including a high-level bridge over Alexandra Canal.
- Terminal Links - two new sections of road connecting Terminal 1 and Terminals 2/3, including a bridge over Alexandra Canal.- Terminals 2/3 Access - a new elevated viaduct and overpass connecting Terminals 2/3 with the upgraded Qantas Drive.
Sydney Gateway, Stage 2 - Port Botany Rail Line Duplication
- Duplicating a three-kilometre section of the Port Botany freight rail line between Botany and Mascot (managed and procured by Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC)).
Sydney Gateway, Stage 3 - New Sydney Domestic t2/T3 Airport Access.
- Enhancing intersections and roads around the domestic airport.
- Widening of Qantas Drive between Lancastrian Drive and Robey Street
- Improving access and egress arrangements to the domestic terminal with an overpass to Sir Reginal Ansett Drive
How to register an Expression of Interest (EOI)
- Work packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed in the 'Work Packages' tab above.
- To submit an initial EOI for the work packages, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
ICN Gateway Company Registration
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance are available through the web links listed below and attached guide
- Your company summary and company description are used to assess your ability to complete projects when you lodge an EOI - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.