METZ Solar Farm
About Beon Energy Solutions
Beon is a future-focused energy solutions business with a heritage in safety and reliability, and a commitment to become much more.
Beon is a leader is the deployment of large-scale renewable energy and infrastructure projects, with extensive expertise in design, construction and maintenance. Beon has an enviable track record of partnering with clients to reduce costs and project timelines, leading to faster commissioning without compromising safety and quality.
We bring technical expertise and agility to provide energy solutions from every angle for renewables, utility and infrastructure, business solutions, and residential development across Australia. Our team of dedicated energy experts bring a commitment to safety, performance and reliability as well as a desire to drive and embrace change.
Beon’s clients include some of the largest electricity utilities, infrastructure and renewable developers, commercial and industrial companies and telecommunications network owners in Australia and overseas.
The Metz Solar Project (MSP or the Project) is a 115MWac, 141MWdc greenfield project located 15km east of Armidale (approximately 130km north-east of Tamworth) in NSW. The site is 430ha spread across land historically used for agricultural production. The site comprises a substation, solar panel array, and internal access tracks.
The Key Project components include:
- photovoltaic solar modules (approximately 284,000 modules)
- single-axis tracking module framing system mounted on steel piles
- containerized Power Conversion Units (PCUs)
- a substation containing transformers, associated switchgear and control and protection equipment
- operations and maintenance buildings with associated car parking
- road upgrade works on the site access route
- above ground and underground cabling
- internal all-weather access tracks
- security system and security fencing
- native vegetation plantings to provide visual screening
- meteorological station(s); and
- construction of a HV Connection to connect the Solar Farm Substation to the existing Transgrid substation located near the south western boundary of the Site.
Procurement is under way with construction planned to commence in Q1 CY2021. Construction is expected to take 10 months with the Project being operational in Q1 CY2022.
General Information on Project
More information about the project you can find here: https://metzsolarfarm.com/
How to register an Expression of Interest
This is a general EOI submission and Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
Shortlisted SMEs will be invited to tender Work Packages as needed.
To submit an initial EOI for the Work Scopes, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
ICN Gateway Company Registration
Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
Your company summary and company description are used to assess your ability to complete projects when you lodge an EoI- please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
Project at a glance
NSW Defence Industry Manager