Pathway to 144 Mental Health Beds Project
Project at a glance
Regional Manager Barwon Region
The Pathway to 144 Mental Health Beds Project (the Project) is a direct response to the recommendations arising from the Interim Report of the Royal Commission into Victoria's Mental Health System dated November 2019, which called for an additional 144 acute inpatient public mental health beds, of which 120 will be delivered under the Contract, to help address critical pressures within the mental health system in Victoria. The remainder (24 beds) to be delivered as part of a Hospital in the Home (HITH) service solution, which are not part of the work under the Contract.
The four selected Sites for delivery of the beds are:
- McKellar Centre managed by Barwon Health with 16 beds to be delivered.
- Northern Hospital managed by Northern Health with 30 beds to be delivered.
- Sunshine Hospital managed by Western Health with 52 beds to be delivered.
- Royal Melbourne Hospital managed by Melbourne Health with 22 beds to be delivered.
Construction of the additional mental health beds on time is essential and a key metric for the success of the Project.
The Local Content for this Project has been set at 91% for Construction activities an 42% for FF&E.
Construction will commence in 2021 with the first additional mental health beds to be in operation by early 2022.
This is NOT an EOI for the Main Contractor as that process will be carried out by VHHSBA. If you are a sub-contractor or product supplier who would like to provide an EOI for this Project, please follow the instructions below.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- To submit an EOI, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to companies who are short listed to bid for this Project.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complementing a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance are available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Information & Updates, Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.