Port Botany Rail Line Duplication (including Cabramatta Loop) Project
ARTC is one of Australia’s largest freight rail network owners with more than 20 years of experience in building, maintaining and operating rail infrastructure. ARTC’s purpose is to improve Australia’s productivity by making rail the mode of choice in the national logistics chain.
ARTC’s network extends for more than 8,500 route kilometres and includes the Hunter Valley coal rail network. It transports agricultural products, general freight and passenger services, as well as millions of tonnes of coal and minerals through New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, Victoria and Western Australia.
The Port Botany Rail Duplication (including Cabramatta Loop) project comprises Botany Rail Duplication and Cabramatta Passing Loop. It involves the duplication of the remaining single-track section of the Port Botany Rail Line and delivery of a new passing loop on the Southern Sydney Freight Line. The Project aims to provide the capacity to meet predicted growth in the containerised freight task and support rail services between Port Botany and metropolitan freight intermodal terminals.
The Botany Rail Duplication includes the following key features:
- Track duplication – constructing a new track predominantly within the rail corridor for a distance of about three kilometres
- Track realignment and upgrading – moving some sections of track sideways (slewing) and upgrading some sections of track to improve the alignment of both tracks and minimise impacts to adjoining land uses
- New crossovers – constructing new rail crossovers to maintain and improve access at two locations (totalling four new crossovers)
- Bridge works – constructing new bridge structures at Mill Stream, Southern Cross Drive, O’Riordan Street and Robey Street (adjacent to the existing bridges), and re-constructing the existing bridge structures at Robey Street and O’Riordan Street
- Embankment/retaining structures – construction of a new embankment and retaining structures adjacent to Qantas Drive between Robey and O’Riordan streets and a new embankment between the Mill Stream and Botany Road bridges.
Ancillary work includes bi-directional signalling upgrades, drainage work and protecting/relocating utilities.
The Cabramatta Loop Project includes the following key features:
- New rail track – providing a 1.65 kilometre long section of new track adjacent to the existing track, with connections to the existing track at the northern and southern ends
- Track realignment – moving about 550 metres of existing track sideways to make room for the new track
- Bridge works – constructing two new bridge structures adjacent to the existing rail bridges over Sussex Street and Cabramatta Creek
- Road works – reconfiguring Broomfield Street for a distance of about 680 metres between Sussex and Bridge streets.
Ancillary work includes communication, signalling and power upgrades, works to existing retaining and noise walls, drainage work and protecting/relocating utilities. In addition, minor works in the form of new signalling would be installed at a number of locations within the rail corridor.
More information can be found at:
How to register an Expression of Interest (EOI)
- This is an initial, general EOI submission and work packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- As these work packages are required on an ongoing basis, suppliers who have registered for relevant work package(s) may be invited to tender as specific opportunities arise.
- To submit an initial EOI for the work packages, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
ICN Gateway Company Registration
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance are available through the web links listed below
- Your company summary and company description are used to assess your ability to complete projects when you lodge an EOI - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
Project at a glance
Senior Consultant | Sydney Metropolitan