Queensland Train Manufacturing Program
Project at a glance
Procurement Engineering Specialist
TMR is responsible for delivering the QTMP.
The QTMP will include a single Design, Build and Maintain contract for a successful supplier to deliver new passenger rollingstock for the SEQ rail network in addition to facilities for rollingstock manufacture and maintenance (the Project).
In line with the Queensland Government’s commitment to source locally, a manufacturing facility for the Project and future rollingstock manufacturing activities will be secured and funded by TMR and established by the successful rollingstock supplier. The supplier will design and construct a new maintenance facility to maintain the trains in Queensland.
Queensland Rail will operate the rollingstock delivered by the Project.
The procurement process for the Project is underway with the expression of interest phase complete. Three train manufacturers Alstom, CAF and Downer Rail were shortlisted. The current phase of the procurement process is the Request for Proposal (RFP) phase which began in November 2021.
SUPPLIER'S REGISTRATION OF INTEREST (ROI)
This Suppliers Registration of Interest invites organisations to register their interest to supply materials or services to the successful tenderer of the Project (Suppliers). TMR will make available the list of Suppliers “Interested Suppliers List” to the shortlisted tenderers for the RFP phase to enable them to source potential suppliers for materials or services they may require. The Successful Tenderer may run its own procurement program amongst the Suppliers and other entities it may wish to engage.
Suppliers are to register their interest in providing goods / services in one or more of the following capabilities:
- Rollingstock Manufacturing, Assembly and Commissioning
- Manufacturing facility and Maintenance Depot construction
- Plant & Equipment for manufacturing site and maintenance facility
- Maintenance and/or cleaning of the rollingstock, manufacturing and/or maintenance depot.
TMR encourages local industry interested in supplying to the project to complete a registration of interest (ROI) through the ICN Gateway webpage.
Information on specific supply opportunities will be communicated on the ICN Gateway project page as it becomes available, with local industry able to register its interest against them.
Please ensure that:
- Your company profile on the ICN Gateway is complete, up-to-date and accurate including electing to be notified via e-mail of supply opportunities
- You register your interest as a full or partial scope supplier (where applicable), and
- You respond to all project and work package-specific questions.
- Please note if you have already registered your interest through the ICN Gateway for the Queensland Train Manufacturing Program, there is no need for any further action at this stage. You may update your existing ROI through the portal
It is important that businesses submitting a ROI are aware that their submission does not guarantee that they will progress further in the registration of interest process and/or be included on the Interested Suppliers List. TMR may, in its absolute discretion, exclude any business from progressing any further for any reason, or decide not to proceed with the procurement process for the Project. TMR gives no representation or undertaking that, any business submitting a ROI will be contacted by a potential Project tenderer or successful tenderer. Further even if your business is registered this does not guarantee any volume of orders. Only businesses that can demonstrate capability and capacity in accordance with the Project’s standards may be invited to pre-qualify for specific opportunities. By submitting a ROI, you acknowledge and agree that TMR will not be liable for any claim arising out of, or in any way in connection with this ROI.