This Notice (and the Project Overview) has been prepared using information issued by the Commonwealth and aims to provide prospective subcontractor and partners with information and an opportunity to engage in association with the DFTP-FSC procurement activity.
The Commonwealth, Viva Energy, Spotless and Downer have no liability to any participant for any compensation on any basis whatsoever in connection with this activity. Viva Energy and the Commonwealth have no current agreement in relation to the FSC, nor is there any intention or understanding that Viva Energy and the Commonwealth will enter into an agreement. Viva Energy is not acting on behalf of the Commonwealth in issuing the Notice.
About Viva Energy, Spotless & Downer
Viva Energy, the proposed Integrated Managing Contractor (IMC), along with IMC Team Member Spotless (also representing Downer), have been shortlisted to participate in the current DFTP-FSC RFT (FSB/DFS/2019/01-3). Viva Energy, Spotless and Downer are preparing a response to the above mentioned RFT, published by the Commonwealth. The RFT is a competitive process.
The Defence Fuel Transformation Program (DFTP) aims to transform the Defence Fuel Supply Chain (DFSC) in order to deliver a safer, simpler and more assured Defence Fuel Network (DFN) in partnership with industry. The Fuel Services Contract (FSC) is one of the DFTP transformation projects.
The Commonwealth (as represented by the Department of Defence) wishes to transform the DFSC through the FSC and provide an end-to-end solution. Currently, the delivery of fuel throughout the DFSC, and the operations, maintenance and management of Defence Fuel Installations (DFIs), is varied with different roles and responsibilities for the Australian Defence Force (ADF), the Australian Public Service (APS) and contractors.
The objective of the FSC is to combine:
- Maintenance Services, Operating Services and Strategic Asset Management Services (Asset Management Services); and
- Strategic Inventory Management Services and Fuel Supply (including bulk Fuel Supply) (Fuel Services).
Underlining the development of the FSC is a desire to increase industry collaboration along the length of the supply chain, where appropriate to do so.
Within the Project Scope there are five discrete but connected major sub elements:
- Fuel Supply;
- Strategic Inventory Management Services;
- Strategic Asset Management;
- Operating Services; and
- Maintenance Services.
Viva Energy, Spotless and Downer are seeking Invitation to Register (ITR) responses from prospective suppliers and contractors interested in supporting a wide range of work packages that will be required to deliver any resultant contract, should Viva Energy be successful in securing a contract. More information on the work packages will be made available to prospective subcontractors or partners upon the valid execution and return of required confidentiality agreements and any Deeds required as per the RFT Conditions of Tender in favour of both Viva Energy and/or the Commonwealth. The Commonwealth intends to enter into a single contract with an entity acting as the Integrated Managing Contractor (IMC) for all of the FSC Services. Any resultant contract arising from this RFT is subject to Government approval being obtained. The Commonwealth may suspend, defer or terminate the RFT process at any time.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Packages listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- Viva Energy, Spotless, and Downer will be provided with your detailed company profile outlining capabilities to supply into the project. It will then be the responsibility of Viva Energy, Spotless, and Downer to make direct contact with your company.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance are available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN network - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to ICN News & Updates, Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.