Northrop Grumman Australia - Space Systems
Project at a glance
NSW Defence Industry Manager
Northrop Grumman solves the toughest problems in space, aeronautics, defence and cyberspace to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers worldwide. Our 90,000 global employees define possible every day using science, technology and engineering to create and deliver advanced systems, products and services.
We’ve been Defining Possible above the atmosphere for over 60 years and we’re still leading the way today. From the launch pad to orbit, we deliver everything from missile systems to spacecraft to launch and command and control systems. We are dedicated to providing strategic defense, secure and reliable communications, robust missile warning and advanced space situational awareness to support our customers.
In Australia, Northrop Grumman is proud of its established relationship with the Commonwealth of Australia and is committed to enhancing its business and geographic footprint in country. We have a strong customer base in Australia and have been supporting a variety of defence and civil programmes here for more than 20 years.
Northrop Grumman is deeply committed to building Australian defence industry capability through partnerships and collaboration. The company is committed to working with government to develop the highly-skilled workforce required to build a sustainable, sovereign industrial base. Northrop Grumman will continue to assist small business and medium-size enterprises to deliver innovative capabilities and technologies to a global market.
Australia is increasingly reliant on satellite-based capability and services, particularly where digital data and information drives decision-making. Through the 2020 Force Structure Plan the Commonwealth has outlined its approach for investing and developing space capabilities to improve Defence’s resilience and enhance a large number of space-dependant capabilities across the Joint Force. These include:
- The acquisition and sustainment of sovereign-controlled satellites, and ground control stations that will be under sovereign Australian control, increasing our self-reliance and resilience.
- Enhancing space domain awareness to enable better tracking and identification of space objects and threats, such as space debris, as well as predicting and avoiding potential collisions.
- Developing capabilities to counter emerging space threats to Australia’s free use of the space domain and that assure our continued access to space-based intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance.
- A rolling upgrade program to assure position, navigation and timing information in a contested environment.
- Acquisition of a sovereign space-based imagery capability to enhance coverage of the Indo-Pacific region.
Northrop Grumman Australia is committed to maximising opportunities for Australian and New Zealand industry involvement through the acquisition and sustainment phases of these capabilities. Potential opportunities for Australian and New Zealand industry involvement include software development, systems integration, facilities construction, system operators, sustainment, and participation in the supply chain through manufacture and supply of sub-systems and components.
The Space Systems Project presents an opportunity for Australian and New Zealand industry to participate in a strategically important program to build and maintain an enduring Australian space capability with an opportunity to enter export markets.
Northrop Grumman is seeking expressions of interests (EOI) in specific areas. In your submission, please respond with as much detail as needed to describe your company’s engineering and manufacturing capabilities, certifications, business size, and other relevant information.
General Information on Project
Find more information about Northrop Grumman click here: Northrop Grumman Australia
How to register an Expression of Interest
- This is a general EOI submission and Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- Shortlisted SMEs will be invited to tender Work Packages as needed.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Scopes, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
ICN Gateway Company Registration
Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
Your company summary and company description are used to assess your ability to complete projects when you lodge an EOI- please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.