The Victorian Government has committed to deliver hundreds of upgrades, brand new schools, and early childhood centres across the State through the Victorian School Building Authority (VSBA), part of the Department of Education and Training (DET). The intense level of population growth in many metropolitan and regional communities necessitates a large number of new facilities that provide community services, including early learning, primary, secondary, and specialist education services. In response to the growing demand within Victoria, DET has identified the need for a number of new schools to open for the 2022 school year.
The New Schools 2022 Program will include the construction of at least eight new schools, including two secondary schools and six primary schools. Co-located early learning and/or community facilities are proposed to be delivered at two of these sites. These schools are expected to open for the 2022 school year.
The VSBA will deliver these new schools in two ‘bundles’ using a ‘design and construct’ procurement model. At the time of tendering, reference design documentation will be completed to approximately 100% Design Development.
The bundles are structured as follows:
- Bundle A: Bridge Road (Melton) Primary School, Gisborne South Primary School, Gisborne South Early Learning Centre, Grasslands Primary School, Kalkallo Common Primary School, Wollert East Primary School, Wollert East Community Activity Centre which includes early learning and community facilities.
- Bundle B: Clyde North Station Primary School, Clyde North Station Secondary School and Greenvale Secondary School.
Secondary schools are likely to be delivered in a staged manner. In addition to the schools included in this program, the VSBA will deliver a number of other schools to open in 2022. These will be tendered separately.
The project is currently in the design phase with the commencement of construction expected around October 2020, with a target Practical Completion date of November 2021.
Please Note: this is NOT an EOI for the Head Contractor as this process will be carried out by the VSBA separately. However if you are a Sub Contractor and/or Product Supplier please complete an EOI as per the instructions below.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- To submit an initial EOI, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to Construction Companies who are shortlisted to bid for this Project.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complementing a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN network - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to ICN Information and Updates, Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.