The Dame Phyllis Frost Centre is a maximum-security Women's prison based in Victoria's north-west region of Ravenhall. With the current trend of prisoner number growth over the past 12 months, the Women's Prison system is projected to have a shortfall of 221 beds by 2023. As part of the 2019-2020 budget process, the Minister for Corrections sought funding to expand the women's prison system, particularly for the Dame Phyllis Frost Centre (DPFC).
The proposed solution to accommodate for the expected growth and support existing infrastructure included:
- 106 new beds at DPFC comprised of 2x20 bed Management Units and a 66 bed Reception Unit
- Supporting infrastructure including a new Prisoner Reception Building, Program and Recreation Building, including a telecourt and legal/resource area
- Temporary medical centre
- Security elements for this expansion, including perimeter fence and electronic security
Construction of the 106 beds and supporting infrastructure is expected to commence in October 2020 and reach practical completion in June 2022, with operational commissioning by July 2022.
Please Note: this is NOT an EOI for the Head Contractor as this has already been completed by the Community Safety Building Authority. However if you are a Sub Contractor and/or Product Supplier please complete an EOI as per the instructions below:
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available for your company to submit an EOI for are listed below
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Package listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to construction companies who are short listed to bid for this Project.
- It will then be the responsibility of the relevant construction companies to make direct contact with your company.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complementing a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN network - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to ICN Information and Updates, Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.