Watpac Construction Pty Ltd (Watpac) has been contracted by the Commonwealth of Australia (Commonwealth) to construct the new Naval Guided Weapons Maintenance Facility (NGWMF) for the Department of Defence at Defence Establishment at the Orchard Hills (DEOH). DEOH is a secure Defence Base and as such, stringent access, communication and permit to work protocols will apply to all works. Further details can be found here.
The NGWMF project comprises of a new Integrated Weapons Facility building for the Department of Defence including:
- Weapons assembly room
- Loading Area
- Blast Corridors
- Test Control Room
- Reinforced Concrete Test cells
- Central Administration Spine
- Plant Rooms
- Car Park
In addition to the Integrated Weapons Facility building, the following civil work will take place:
- New roadworks including connections to the existing roads
- Upgrade of fire trails
- New security fencing
- New footpaths
- Demolition of existing building N106
- External sewer and stormwater lines and connections
Construction has commenced with completion due by July 2021.
Watpac has committed to sourcing 95 per cent of subcontract work from local industry within 50 kilometres of DEOH. As such, locally based subcontractors are encouraged to register their interest and it is recommended that companies register via the office that will service this project if successful. Please see the map below to view the area within 50 kilometres of DEOH.
Note: if you are unsure whether your business falls within the 50km radius after looking at the attached map, open Google Maps, put in your business address and "Defence Establishment Orchard Hills" and it will give you a rough indication of distance between the 2 locations.
How to register an Expression of Interest
- This is an initial, general EOI submission and Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- Shortlisted SMEs will be invited to tender Work Packages.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Scopes, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
ICN Gateway Company Registration
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below and attached guidance
- Your company summary and company description are used to assess your ability to complete projects when you lodge an EOI- please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.