The Victorian Government via the Department of Justice and Community Safety (DJCS) project delivery group the Community Safety Building Authority (CSBA) is delivering a 162 bed expansion of the existing maximum security prison at Barwon Prison in Lara, Victoria. Known as the Barwon Prison Infill Expansion project, the works will see a new 162 bed facility along with a new industries and entry building and upgrades to the existing visits, medical and other related infrastructure and programs spaces within the prison.
The project is being tendered to a head contractor as a design and construct delivery methodology and is due to release to a shortlist of suitable tenderers shortly.
Corrections Victoria will manage the new prison once it is operational. Providing additional prison and corrective service beds is an essential part of the government's commitment and strategy to improving community safety.
Barwon Prison, 1140 Bacchus Marsh Road Lara VIC 3212.
- Temporary sallyport and civil works for contractor entry
- Two 81 bed accommodation units (including guard post and common areas)
- Outdoor areas
- New entry building, industries building and all related fencing and raceways (including movement control)
- New Medical Extension and Refurbishment with Temporary Pharmacy,
- New (and Temporary) Visits Centre
- New Men’s Shed
- New Visitor Car Park
- Reinstatement of Temporary Buildings
None currently (RFT release pending).
Constuction – Q3 2020-Q3 2022.
Major Project Skills Guarantee (MPSG)
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Packages listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- The Department of Justice and Community Safety will be provided with your detailed company profile outlining capabilities to supply into the project. It will then be the responsibility of the consortium to make direct contact with your company.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance are available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN network - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to ICN News & Updates, Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.