Australian Defence Export Office
The Australian Defence Export Office (ADEO) was established in April 2018 as a key initiative of the 2018 Defence Export Strategy. The ADEO is the focal point for coordinating whole-of-government defence export support for Australian defence industry, to ensure it can meet Australia’s defence capability needs now and into the future.
The ADEO tailors its assistance to Australian companies on a case-by-case basis, and endeavours to provide a targeted level of support across all stages of a company’s export journey.
How we can help you:
- Attendance at international trade shows with Team Defence Australia.
- Attendance at targeted international trade missions.
- Inclusion in the Australian Defence Sales Catalogue.
- Government-to-government sales, gifting and transfer of equipment.
- Defence Global Competitiveness Grants to overcome export barriers.
- Defence Export Facility loans (administered by Export Finance Australia).
- High-level advocacy for Australian defence industry exports.
- Australian Defence Export Advocate support, including international advocacy.
- Support from an international network of Business Development Managers and Defence Attachés
Team Defence Australia
Team Defence Australia, as part of the Australian Defence Export Office, is the national platform for Australian defence industry to showcase their goods, services, technologies and solutions at international tradeshows.
Exhibiting with TDA is free, with successful companies responsible for their individual expenses. TDA provides free space on the custom-built National pavilion, pre-event support and advice including Austrade’s network of business advisors, invaluable senior military support and advocacy, market insight briefings, networking opportunities, B2B matching and on-site support at the show.
Please refer to the TDA Information for Companies attachment for further information regarding TDA support for companies, Expression of Interest selection criteria and export control requirements.
Australian Defence Sales Catalogue
The Australian Defence Sales Catalogue provides information on Australian Defence Force equipment and defence industry products and services for sale to foreign government customers. Participation is subject to an application process but inclusion is free. More information is available here.
Trade missions and other events
The ADEO conducts international trade missions, supports the defence industry component of the Indo-Pacific Endeavour deployment, and runs other export-related events and missions in Australia and internationally. These targeted activities are organised to around specific events, and will be advertised here when applications are open.
For further information on ADEO support available to your business, contact email@example.com.SHOW LESS