The Department of Defence, through its Directorate of Estate Works Program Office delivers an annual Estate Works Program of building, infrastructure and maintenance related projects at Defence sites across Australia (including major bases, minor sites, training areas and leased facilities). The total expenditure across Australia under this program is approx. $500m per year. Individual projects will range from $500,000 to $15m in value.
Vaughan Constructions is intending to tender for Head Contractor services for upcoming projects under this program at bases across Victoria. New tender opportunities will be notified on the ICN Gateway, and subcontractors and suppliers interested in pricing these projects are encouraged to register their interest. The typical works packages required for these projects include:
- Civil works
- Concrete Supply & Placement
- General construction (incl. carpentry & joinery)
- Structural Steel
- Internal linings and finishes (sheeting, tiling, painting, flooring)
- Electrical & Communications
- Fire services
- Plumbing (hydraulic, rainwater collection, roof plumbing)
- Asbestos removal
- Material handling (transportation, lifting, etc.)
- Traffic control/management
- Fencing & gates (incl. temporary fencing)
Defence experience is preferred, but not mandatory, and potential suppliers are encouraged to familiarise themselves with the requirements for working on Defence facilities.
Vaughan Constructions is encouraging suppliers and subcontractors located in regional Victoria including Central, North East and Mornington Peninsula to register their capability for Defence sector projects and other commercial construction opportunities.
Subcontractors and suppliers should note that the Code for the Tendering and Performance of Building Work 2016 (or Building Code 2016) applies to building work associated with these projects. By submitting an expression of interest in, or tender for, this project, you will become subject to the Building Code 2016.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Packages listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- Vaughan Constructions will be provided with your detailed company profile outlining capabilities to supply into the project. It will then be the responsibility of the consortium to make direct contact with your company.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance are available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN network - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to ICN News & Updates, Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.