Thales is a global technology leader for the Aerospace, Transport, Defence and Security markets. With 64,000 employees in 56 countries. With over 25,000 engineers and researchers, Thales has a unique capability to design and deploy equipment, systems and services to meet the most complex security requirements. Its exceptional international footprint allows it to work closely with its customers all over the world.
Thales in Australia is a trusted partner of the Australian Defence Force and is also present in commercial sectors ranging from air traffic management and ground transport systems to security systems and services.
Thales Australia has a history of patient investment to build advanced in-country capability across manufacturing, critical systems and services. Close collaborative relationships with local customers, SME suppliers and research institutions combined with technology transfer from our global business enables Thales to tailor high quality solutions for Australian and export markets.
With over 40 years of experience in undersea warfare, Thales Underwater Systems is a world leader in its field and a major exporter of sonars and associated systems for navies and air forces worldwide. The Underwater Systems business line has operating units in France, the United Kingdom and Australia, and employs about 2,000 people world-wide and 260 people in Australia.
Thales Underwater Systems has a wide range of products, systems and services which include:
- Sonars for all platforms (submarines, surface vessels, helicopters and maritime patrol aircraft)
- Mine countermeasures systems
- Acoustic homing heads for torpedoes
- Underwater security and protection
- Customer support and related services.
More details of Thales Australia and the Thales Group can be found on https://www.thalesgroup.com
Thales Australia seeks to establish the Australian industrial capability necessary to support the build, operation and sustainment of the S2087 Variable Depth Sonar (VDS) for the Anti-Submarine Warfare frigates, ‘Hunter Class’, under the SEA 5000 Program.
To fully realise this capability and assurance of operational availability there is an inherent need for in-country support, as a minimum. It is expected that a significant proportion and elements of this system will be manufactured in Australia to maximise ongoing supportability, assure operational availability and grow technical expertise in the system delivering the highest levels of sovereign capability. This will involve a level of initial technology transfer that may include activities such as tooling, training and infrastructure activities.
The S2087 VDS Program presents an opportunity for Australian Industry to participate in an exciting and strategically important initiative. Thales recognises that programs, such as SEA 5000, are nation changing opportunities and is committed to maximising Australian Supply Chain involvement, not only in the delivery of S2087, but support to future domestic programs and opportunity to compete against existing global supply chains.
Thales Australia invites companies to register their interest in participating in the S2087 Program for consideration to receive Request for Quotation for systems and subsystems as detailed below.
General Information on Project
More information about the project you can find here:
How to register an Expression of Interest
- This is an initial, general EOI submission and Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- Shortlisted SMEs will be invited to tender Work Packages as needed.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Scopes, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
ICN Gateway Company Registration
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the attached user guide.
- Your company summary and company description are used to assess your ability to complete projects when you lodge an EOI- please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.