Cairns Convention Centre Expansion (CCCE)
The Cairns Convention Centre is undergoing a $176 million expansion and refurbishment to:
· maximise the centre’s capabilities
· modernise the facilities
· bring new business to the tropical north.
The Department of Energy and Public Works (DEPW) is the project principal/client and Lendlease Building has been appointed as the Managing Contractor of the Cairns Convention Centre Expansion and Refurbishment (CCCER) project which includes detailed design and construction responsibility.
SCOPE OF WORKS
The CCCER project will comprise the following scope of work:
Essential Works (Completed May 2021)
Essential maintenance works including roof sheeting replacement, replacement of major mechanical plant, upgrade of electrical services, audio-visual installation replacement and DDA upgrade works.
Refurbishment Works (Completed May 2021)
This refurbishment stage was completed in early May 2021 and it included:
· the replacement of roof sheeting,
· replacement of building services including air-conditioning and lighting,
· the full refurbishment of all public spaces including amenities and
· back of house spaces including kitchen and administration facilities
Expansion Works (Ongoing scheduled for completion in December 2022)
The expansion stage already underway will deliver additional 10,500 square metres that will include a large undercover, tropically planted drop-off and entry forecourt, an expanded main entry lobby, a 410-seat plenary lecture space, three 120-seat meeting rooms, exhibition space for up to 30 display booths, a 500-seat rooftop banquet space and sky terrace with spectacular views over Trinity Inlet.
Essential and refurbishment works commenced in June 2020 and reached practical completion 5 May 2021.
Expansion works are ongoing and are scheduled for completion in December 2022.
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Lendlease encourages local industry interested in supplying to the project to register an expression of interest (EOI) through the ICN Gateway webpage. Information on specific supply opportunities will be communicated on the ICN Gateway project page.
Please ensure that:
· Your company profile on the ICN Gateway is complete, up-to-date and accurate including electing to be notified via e-mail of supply opportunities.
· You register your interest as a full or partial scope supplier (where applicable), and
· You respond to all project and work package-specific questions.
It is important that businesses submitting an EOI are aware that their submission does not guarantee that they will progress further in the procurement process. Only companies that can demonstrate capability and capacity in accordance with CCCER project requirements will be invited to pre-qualify for specific opportunities.
Businesses which demonstrate local benefits and demonstrate ability to meet other qualification criteria will be highly regarded.
APPLICABLE GOVERNMENT POLICIES
The following Queensland Government policies are applicable to this project:
· Queensland Procurement Policy 2019 http://www.hpw.qld.gov.au/SiteCollectionDocuments/QLDProcurementPolicy.pdf, which includes the Best Practice Principles https://www.forgov.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0010/212410/best-practice-principles-quality-safe-workplaces.pdf.
· Queensland Government Building and Construction Training Policy, https://desbt.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0023/8339/qg-building-construction-training-policy.pdf
Lendlease encourage local industry to contact the ICN Queensland in the first instance to seek assistance with the EOI process.
The Lendlease project team can be emailed at: CairnsEOI@lendlease.com
Project at a glance
Procurement Engineering Specialist