Shepparton Line Upgrade - Stage 2
About the Project
Funded by the Victorian Government, Stage 2 of the Shepparton Line Upgrade will deliver more reliable services and will allow modern VLocity trains to travel to and from Shepparton for the first time.
Stage 2 includes:
- platform extensions at Mooroopna, Murchison East and Nagambie stations
- a crossing loop extension near Murchison East to enable trains to pass each other
- 59 level crossing upgrades between Donnybrook and Shepparton
- stabling to house VLocity trains.
Coleman Rail, in partnership with KBR, is the preferred contractor to deliver Stage 2 of the Shepparton Line Upgrade, with works underway and completion targeted for late 2022.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- To submit an initial EOI to work on the Shepparton Line Upgrade, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to potential bidders for this project.
- Bidders for this project will be provided with your detailed company profile outlining capabilities to supply into the project. It will then be the responsibility of the bidder to make direct contact with the company.
- If ICN Victoria becomes engaged on individual Work Packages of the 'Shepparton Line Upgrade', project specific EOIs may need to be submitted.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complementing a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance are available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN network - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email Notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to ICN News and Updates, Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.
Project at a glance
The $1.7B Regional Rail Revival program is a joint initiative of the Australian and Victorian governments and will upgrade stations, signalling and track across Victoria. Regional Rail Revival will deliver the infrastructure necessary to run more reliable and frequent train services for regional Victorians.
Wonthaggi Hospital, located approximately 135kms south-east of Melbourne is undergoing expansion to service a rapidly growing and ageing local population. The project has received State Government funding to construct a new emergency department, a new inpatient ward, new operating theatres and a procedure room.
Expansion of the theatre complex, maternity unit, intensive care unit,
emergency department and inpatient bed capacity.
The Star of the South is Australia’s first offshore wind project, proposed to be located off the south coast of Gippsland, Victoria.
The project would provide large-scale, renewable electricity generation to support Victoria’s energy transition, as well as jobs and investment for Victoria.
At 2.2 GW, it would be one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world, generating enough electricity to power up to 1.2 million homes and provide around 20 percent of Victoria’s electricity needs.
The proposed offshore wind farm would transmit electricity via offshore cables and onshore underground transmission cables to an existing terminal station in the Latrobe Valley.
The project is being progressed by a local Victorian-based team with investment from Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners (CIP) – a world leader in offshore wind development.
Major Road Projects Victoria (MRPV) are currently establishing a series of Panels of Contractors to deliver on a number of Major Projects which will be released to the Market via the Panel arrangement in Tranches. Each Contractor will be responsible for the Design as well as the Construction elements of each of the Projects and details of the successful Contractor will be posted here when available.
This new state-of-the-art facility will provide education and training for a range of disciplines that will meet industry and community needs and provide greater access to training for students across the region. Constructed over two levels, the Port of Sale campus will include learning spaces inclusive of general and specialist teaching spaces, administration, student café and a trades training workshop. The workshop incorporates specialist auto, engineering and carpentry workshops.
TasNetworks, on behalf of the State of Tasmania and the Australian Government, is progressing investigation into the proposed 1500 megawatt (MW) high voltage direct current (HVDC) electricity interconnector between Tasmania and Victoria, known as ‘Marinus Link’. Marinus Link will be supported by an augmented Tasmanian transmission network as part of the North West Transmission Developments. Collectively, these developments are known as Project Marinus. The Link will also incorporate significant optical fibre capacity, strengthening telecommunications and data connectivity and providing additional route paths between Tasmania and Victoria.
The Perry Bridge project is a proposed solar farm of approximately 44 MW with battery storage, to be located on 232 acres of low agricultural value farmland adjacent to the north western corner of the Stratford-Bengworden Road and Bengworden Road Junction, Perry Bridge (within Wellington Shire).
The Trefoil Project seeks to deliver an economically viable concept for the development of the Trefoil field (located in the Bass Basin). The Trefoil Project is in the Define (FEED) phase, looking at defining a subsea development with production to, and control from, the existing Yolla-A platform. The development targets the Trefoil field only in Phase 1, followed by a potential future Phase 2 of the development targeting the White Ibis field.