MacIntyre Wind Farm
In Australia, ACCIONA has constructed four wind farms and a 20 MW solar farm. The wind farms include Waubra in Victoria, Gunning in New South Wales, Cathedral Rocks in South Australia, Mt Gellibrand Wind Farm in Victoria and construction of a fifth wind farm is underway in Mortlake, Victoria. Collectively, ACCIONA has over 450 MW of operational renewable energy assets in Australia.
About MacIntyre Wind Farm
The MacIntyre Wind Farm will be located within 36,000 hectares of leased land approximately 200 kms south-west of Brisbane and approximately 50 kms south-west of Warwick in Queensland. ACCIONA plans to submit a development application seeking a development permit for a Material Change of Use (MCU) to allow construction and operation of the wind farm to the State Assessment and Referral Agency (SARA) in mid2020. The project is expected to produce 1,026 MW of clean energy with 180 turbines and commence construction in mid 2021 with a construction duration of 18-24 months.
This project will provide significant economic activity across the Goondiwindi, Southern Downs and Toowoomba Regional Council areas, and create approximately 400 jobs over the life of the project. ACCIONA will provide a Community Enhancement Program to strategically deliver added value to the local regional over the life cycle of the project, whilst providing clean energy equivalent to the consumption of around 700,000 homes
The project will deliver significant economic benefits to the region, including the creation of jobs, rates to the local government, rent to participating landowners.
- Wind turbines – 180 machines, with steel towers.
- Substations – up to three substations, with compound areas of around 140 x 180m and each holding one power transformer.
- Access tracks – Approximately 200km of access tracks may be required for the project.
- Electrical cabling – underground and overhead electrical cabling up to 250km at 33kV.
- Overhead transmission line – 64km of new 330kV transmission line
- Temporary construction compounds – car parking, storage facilities, site office, amenities, etc.
- Permanent site facilities – including a maintenance and control facility, met masts, etc.
- Public road upgrades
More details on the project can be found at https://www.acciona.com.au/projects/energy/wind-power/macintyre-wind-farm/
Expression Of Interest
ACCIONA encourages local industry interested in supplying to the project to register an expression of interest (EOI) through the ICN Gateway webpage.
Information on specific supply opportunities will be communicated on the ICN Gateway project page as it becomes available, with local industry able to register its interest against them.
Please ensure that:
- Your company profile on the ICN Gateway is complete, up-to-date and accurate including electing to be notified via e-mail of supply opportunities
- You register your interest as a full or partial scope supplier (where applicable), and
- You respond to all project and work package-specific questions.
It is important that businesses submitting an EOI are aware that their submission does not guarantee that they will progress further in the procurement process. Only companies that can demonstrate capability and capacity in accordance with ACCIONA’s standards will be invited to pre-qualify for specific opportunities.
ACCIONA strongly encourage local industry to contact the ICN Queensland in the first instance to improve their understanding of the EOI process.
ACCIONA’s primary contact is:
Senior Manager, Supply Chain
Project at a glance
Procurement Engineering Specialist