The NSW Government is replacing the ageing NSW regional rail fleet of XPT, XPLORER and Endeavour trains, which includes trains that are up to 36 years old.
A new train maintenance facility will be built in Dubbo, which will contribute to the regional economy and help create sustainable job opportunities and skills.
The new trains will improve safety, accessibility, amenities and reliability for customers who travel from Sydney to many regional centres in NSW, as well as Canberra, Melbourne and Brisbane.
The NSW Government awarded the contract to deliver the Regional Rail Fleet Project to Momentum Trains in February 2019.
Momentum Trains is an international consortium comprising CAF, UGL Rail Services, Pacific Partnerships, CAF Investment Projects and DIF Infrastructure V Coöperatief.
CAF will deliver the new regional rail fleet (of 117 new carriages) and associated depot equipment for the new purpose built maintenance facility to be constructed in Dubbo by CPB Contractors.
The fleet will have three types of train units:
• 10 long regional trains (60 carriages in 6 car sets)
• 10 regional intercity trains (30 carriages in 3 car sets)
• 9 short regional trains (27 carriages in 3 car sets)
The first new trains are expected to be running from 2023, with the full fleet coming into service progressively.
The Regional Rail Project will include local completion of manufacturing and testing activities in the new maintenance facility in Dubbo. These activities will consist primarily of finishing of the interior components of the trains. Manufacturing activities are expected to commence in early 2022 and will continue until 2024.
In addition, CAF is supplying and installing maintenance equipment at the maintenance facility. The procurement process will start in October 2019 and will continue for some equipment, until early 2020.
CAF strongly encourages Dubbo and the surrounding Orana regional local and Aboriginal businesses to participate in the tender process via the ICN Gateway.
Your company summary, company description and other fields are used to assess your ability to complete projects when you lodge an EOI. Please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
How to register an Expression of Interest
- This is an initial, general EOI submission and Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- Shortlisted SMEs will be invited to tender Work Packages as appropriate.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Scopes, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
ICN Gateway Company Registration
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed and attached Gateway guide.
- Your company summary, company description and other fields are used to assess your ability to complete projects when you lodge an EOI- please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.