Next Generation Trams
Project at a glance
The Victorian Government is investing $1.85 billion in 100 Next Generation Trams and a proposed new tram maintenance and stabling facility.
The Next Generation Trams will be the largest investment in locally made trams in Australia's history, setting the standard for modern public transport by delivering a more comfortable, accessible and energy efficient journey for passengers.
The project will include a minimum of 65% Local Content, supporting 1,900 local jobs including the wider community.
After a competitive tender process, the Victorian Government has signed a contract with Bombardier Transportation Australia (recently acquired by Alstom) to design, build and maintain the new trams.
The minimum level of local content set for this project is:
- 65% for Fleet
The Next Generation Trams will be delivered from 2025.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- To submit an initial EOI, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to Bombardier Transportation Australia.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complementing a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN network - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to ICN Information and Updates, Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.